Posts by jantograaf

Hi,

Me again. With another issue. So I recently switched to another Database, changed my AE Title so my ConQuest could run as a service, all with good result. But I'm having some MAJOR performance issues. Let's explain the situation:

The need-to-know dicom.ini-settings:

Code
    # Configuration of compression for incoming images and archivalDroppedFileCompression = asIncomingCompression = asArchiveCompression = as# Configuration of rules to modify, log or reject incoming DICOM slicesImportConverter0 = ifequal "%u", "EFILM"; stop; ifequal "%V0008,0060","DX"; forward to EFILMImportConverter1 = ifequal "%V0008,0060","MR"; storage MAG1ForwardAssociationLevel = IMAGEForwardCollectDelay = 600MaximumExportRetries = 0MaximumDelayedFetchForwardRetries = 0

What happens now...
    1. A sync tool drops J390-compressed Dicom-files into a folder
    2. This folder is added to the dicom.ini as an extra watchfolder
    3. Conquest receives and processes the image as follows :

All goes well, the images arrive at the EFILM-destination (which is called EFilm but is actually an Osirix-PACS) BUT... the [recompress] takes MINUTES to complete... for a simple one-slice X-ray image of, let's say, 650kb.

I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong this time. Am I missing something obvious (again)?

Also: is there ANY way to add a timestamp to the ConQuest debug-logging? Because I can't, for analysis of errors like these, exactly time which step is taking how many seconds exactly...

Thanks in advance for your help!
    And thanks for a great product!

Kind regards,

Jan Geurts

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert a working ConQuest-install to a service instead of the standalone running app it is now. The problem is that - when it's not running as a service - all remote desktop connections to the server make the Administrator log off and thus close the Dicom ConQuest Server.

Now, when I try to install the ConQuest as an NT-service, I get the following error message (logged in as Administrator, running ConQuestDicomServer.exe as Administrator):

Failed to install service - you may need to run this program as administrator

Is there any other way to install the ConQuest as a service? Can I do this manually?

Thanks in advance for your reply :-)

Kind regards,

Jan Geurts

Hi Marcel,

What database would you propose on a 17000+ patients (over a million images) Windows-based configuration?
    It seems to me like the DbaseIII-solution isn't the way to go for larger databases...

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

Kind regards,

Jan

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your quick reply. So, this is a problem related to using the DbaseIII-based config? As it is not quite clear to me, is it correct that DBaseIII-based servers are not advised for production environments? If so, what would you advise on using in a Windows 7 environment with 17000+ patients, 23000+ studies (DX/MR/CR/...) and over 1.5million images?

It seems that just performing a query in the Conquest GUI to show a listing of all patients takes a few seconds, so maybe I can migrate this system to a new database-implementation to improve speed and stability.

I'd be glad to hear your advice. :)

Kind regards,

Jan

Hi all,

I have a Conquest-database running on a client's server which is accessed on a Windows-workstation using RadiantViewer or on a Mac-workstation using Osirix. When it sends a query, we get the next result in our logs:

What causes this specific error? Is it a ConQuest-setting?