Nightly move failed

• Hello,

since a couple of weeks I am facing problems with the nightly move option from local D: (MAG0) to a NAS-drive (MAG1).
    Sometimes it works sometimes not and since 3-4 weeks continuously no move happens. The log-file maintenance.log is not created, I cannot find hints in the other log-files up to now.

I tried a kind of "maintenance" extracted from some topics here in the forum using the following command which helped sometimes:

In the beginning I found sometimes a hint in the maintenance.log and deletion of the mentioned study/patient helped.
    At last I just tried an update (replacing .exe and .dll) to the 1.4.19b version with no effect. The system is running on an Windows Server 2003.

Can you please give me a hint where to look at? What issues prevent conquest form starting the nightly move?

Finally a I joyfully fulfill my "duty" to thank for for this great project!

Kind regards and thanks in advance!

Jörg

• Hi Jurg,

nightlymove does:

dgate -asNNNNN,0
    dgate -amMAG0.Archiving,MAG1

where NNNNN is the number of kb you want to move (I pass MB*1024).

or in source code:

It will not start if it thinks there is enough disk space; maybe there is an overflow in the test?

Maybe try run it from the command line and see what happens?

regards,

Marcel

• Hello,

I tried the commands with different amounts of GB during the past days with no effect. I rebooted the NAS and tried successfull a write operation on the drive. 800 GBs are free. No data was moved.
    Since no logging entries occured a few questions occured:

• Does the command-line option trigger the running deamon?
    • Is it correct to perform command line optins whilst the server is running?
    • Is it possible to establish logging in the command line or do I perform the commands completely wrong?

I have no experience with the command line option ...

Kind regards

Jörg

• Hi,

Does the command-line option trigger the running deamon?
    Yes

Is it correct to perform command line optins whilst the server is running?
    Yes

Is it possible to establish logging in the command line or do I perform the commands completely wrong?

The logging occurs in the running server - not in the command line tool.

The command line is very sensitive to syntax; in particular extra spaces shouild be avoided.

Marcel

• Hi,
    when I try simple commans like

dgate -v
    dgate.exe -v

I receive an answer, but also "Failed to Listen () - bind error".

Full answer:

Monitoring for files in: D:\pacsdata\incoming\
    DGATE (1.4.19b, build ?, bits 32) is running as threaded server
    Database type: built-in SQLite driver
    ***Failed to Listen () - bind error

Anything wrong with my test? I see the same error in the log file ...

Kind regards

Jörg

• Hi,

with dgate -v you start a new server, and since one already runs it fails to bind to the port.

The dgate -as and dgate -am commands run on the command line (not in the running server, I was mistaken before) and should work as such, to archive 1MB of data:

dgate -v -as1000,0
    dgate -v amMAG0.Archiving,MAG1

The -v forces quite extensive logging. I tried the first command and it works.

dgate -v -au

undoes the first command.

Marcel

• Hello,

I tried the commands extensively, the following code runs successfully and moves 30 GB. I ran it several times.

Code
    rem @echo off
    cd c:\pacs
    dgate -v -au
    dgate -v -as30000000,0 > c:\tmp\SelectData.log
    dgate -v -amMAG0.Archiving,MAG1 > c:\tmp\MoveData.log
    gate -v -au
    echo finished!
    pause

The nightly move operation started working again, with no identifialble reason for me. After the first few runs of the code above no effect on the restart of nightly move operation was observable. No it was revitalized anyhow ...

The nightly move option fails on missing data-files which are saved in the databased but not existent as a file. As far as I observed the maintenance.log names such a file and stops the "nightly move" process. The nightly move operation is not started again afterwards the next day. Trying to reanimate the process by removing the archival flags alone (dgate -v -au) did not to work consitently. I will observe the process ...

Kind Regards

Jörg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!