Routing Images to Multiple Servers

• Hi!

Would this be the proper syntax in Dicom.ini to route one study to multiple PACS? (Dicom routing without database).

# Configuration of rules to modify, log or reject incoming DICOM slices
    ImportConverter0 = ifequal "%m", "US"; {forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *;forward to SYNAPSE channel *; destroy;"}
    ImportConverter1 = ifequal "%m", "XA"; {forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *;forward to SYNAPSE channel *; destroy;"}
    ImportConverter2 = ifequal "%m", "CT"; {forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *;forward to SYNAPSE channel *; destroy;"}

• Hi,

This does indeed look OK. The channel * clause means that each new incoming association creates a new outgoing association such that they can be kept open as long as compatible data is forwarded. However, I would move the destroy to a new last import converter.

Marcel

• Will do (move destroy). Thanks!

If we were talking sending one study to more than 2 or three pacs, is ExportConverters prefered? I thought I saw something in the manual that discouraged using too many send points for ImportConverters...

• Hi,

you need a database for exprt converters - they work delayed and in parallel. Import converters have the channel * clause to distribute the load, but if you have too many they will start to slow each other down. So there are pros and cons

Marcel

• It's working for one (Stentor), but not the other (Synapse)

[MS206OUTSIDE] UPACS THREAD 243: STARTED AT: Thu Aug 03 13:20:17 2017
    [MS206OUTSIDE] Calling Application Title : "CEDEV "
    [MS206OUTSIDE] Called Application Title : "MS206OUTSIDE "
    [MS206OUTSIDE] Application Context : "1.2.840.10008.3.1.1.1", PDU length: 131072
    [MS206OUTSIDE] Presentation Context 0 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.6.1" 1
    [MS206OUTSIDE] ImportConverter0.3: forwarded object to STENTOR_SCP
    [MS206OUTSIDE] ImportConverter0.3: forwarded object to SYNAPSE
    [MS206OUTSIDE] *** Importconverter0.3 error: "}
    [MS206OUTSIDE] Importconverter3.0: destroyed received image

What's the ImportConverter0.3 error message mean?

This is what I have setup in Dicom.ini

# Configuration of rules to modify, log or reject incoming DICOM slices
    ImportConverter0 = ifequal "%m", "US"; {forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *;forward to SYNAPSE channel *;"}
    ImportConverter1 = ifequal "%m", "XA"; {forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *;forward to SYNAPSE channel *;"}
    ImportConverter2 = ifequal "%m", "CT"; {forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *;forward to SYNAPSE channel *;"}
    ImportConverter3 = destroy

• If I reverse them, the first server gets images, the second does not. The VPN for server #2 is having issues, so I'll have to stop testing until a later date. I may not need to split my feed anyway, as I'm hearing we won't be sending to two pacs for much longer. Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!