Posts by johnf76

Hi!

I'm trying to make my instance of Conquest do the following (Conquest is setup as a dicom router, forwarding to STENTOR_SCP):

If I send to DICOM to it, and the DICOM does not have an ACC, I want to maintain the AE title of the system I'm sending from (CESERV). If there IS an Accession Number, I'd like to force the Dicom header to change the AE title coming from the sending device (in this case, CESERV) to the AE title of the Conquest Server (CQ2ISITE). I thought I could do it with an ImportConverter. The following is one of the things I've tried.

ImportConverter0 = {ifequal "%V0008,0050","" then Set "%V0073,1003" to "CQ2ISITE"; ifnotequal "%V0008,0050","" then Set "%V0073,1003" to "%u";} forward to STENTOR_SCP; destroy;

Thoughts?

If I reverse them, the first server gets images, the second does not. The VPN for server #2 is having issues, so I'll have to stop testing until a later date. I may not need to split my feed anyway, as I'm hearing we won't be sending to two pacs for much longer. Thanks!

It's working for one (Stentor), but not the other (Synapse)

[MS206OUTSIDE] UPACS THREAD 243: STARTED AT: Thu Aug 03 13:20:17 2017
    [MS206OUTSIDE] Calling Application Title : "CEDEV "
    [MS206OUTSIDE] Called Application Title : "MS206OUTSIDE "
    [MS206OUTSIDE] Application Context : "1.2.840.10008.3.1.1.1", PDU length: 131072
    [MS206OUTSIDE] Presentation Context 0 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.6.1" 1
    [MS206OUTSIDE] ImportConverter0.3: forwarded object to STENTOR_SCP
    [MS206OUTSIDE] ImportConverter0.3: forwarded object to SYNAPSE
    [MS206OUTSIDE] *** Importconverter0.3 error: "}
    [MS206OUTSIDE] Importconverter3.0: destroyed received image

What's the ImportConverter0.3 error message mean?

This is what I have setup in Dicom.ini

# Configuration of rules to modify, log or reject incoming DICOM slices
    ImportConverter0 = ifequal "%m", "US"; {forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *;forward to SYNAPSE channel *;"}
    ImportConverter1 = ifequal "%m", "XA"; {forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *;forward to SYNAPSE channel *;"}
    ImportConverter2 = ifequal "%m", "CT"; {forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *;forward to SYNAPSE channel *;"}
    ImportConverter3 = destroy

Will do (move destroy). Thanks!

If we were talking sending one study to more than 2 or three pacs, is ExportConverters prefered? I thought I saw something in the manual that discouraged using too many send points for ImportConverters...

Hi!

Would this be the proper syntax in Dicom.ini to route one study to multiple PACS? (Dicom routing without database).

# Configuration of rules to modify, log or reject incoming DICOM slices
    ImportConverter0 = ifequal "%m", "US"; {forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *;forward to SYNAPSE channel *; destroy;"}
    ImportConverter1 = ifequal "%m", "XA"; {forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *;forward to SYNAPSE channel *; destroy;"}
    ImportConverter2 = ifequal "%m", "CT"; {forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *;forward to SYNAPSE channel *; destroy;"}

Hi Marcel!

It worked! Thank you!

I actually found out how to get rid of all the paperwork (including Dose Reports), doing this:

ImportConverter0 = ifequal "%m", MR ; {ifequal "%VMedia Storage SOP Class UID", "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.7"; destroy;}
    ImportConverter1 = ifequal "%m", CT ; {ifequal "%VMedia Storage SOP Class UID", "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.7"; destroy;}
    ImportConverter2 = forward to XXXXXXX_SCP channel *; destroy

The tag for SOP Class UID is 1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.7 (which is the Secondary Capture (SC) Image Information Object Definition (IOD) that specifies images that are converted from a non-DICOM format to a modality independent DICOM format.) Perfect for stripping out all DICOM that was not sent originally from the modality, which is what I want. The tag for that is "Media Storage SOP Class UID", (had to figure that out from the Dicom Header, as "SOPClassUID" didn't work).

Thanks again for all your help!

John F.

Hi Marcel!

Yes, that worked! So, I thought I'd add to it, so it would do MR's and CT's.

First thing I tried was this:
    ImportConverter0 = ifequal "%m", "MR"; ifequal "%VSeriesNumber", "9999"; destroy
    ImportConverter1 = ifequal "%m", "MR"; ifequal "%VSeriesNumber", "999"; destroy
    ImportConverter2 = ifequal "%m", "CT"; ifequal "%VSeriesNumber", "9999"; destroy
    ImportConverter3 = ifequal "%m", "CT"; ifequal "%VSeriesNumber", "999"; destroy
    ImportConverter4 = forward to xxxx

Didn't work. And I'm not sure why...unless the variable keeps MR for some reason, once you declare it in ImportConverter1.

I tried multiple variations of the above, without success (I even tried some Boolean logic, but I guess the parser is particular at this point). So, I figured I'd try brute force...

ImportConverter0 = modality MR ; ifequal "%VSeriesNumber", "9999"; destroy
    ImportConverter1 = modality MR ; ifequal "%VSeriesNumber", "999"; destroy
    ImportConverter2 = modality CT ; ifequal "%VSeriesNumber", "9999"; destroy
    ImportConverter3 = modality CT ; ifequal "%VSeriesNumber", "999"; destroy
    ImportConverter4 = forward to xxxx *;

THAT worked!!! (threw a TON of errors in the log, though, as I expected!). I guess I'll have to go back to "variable" school!
    Thanks again for your help, Marcel!

Hi Marcel!

That worked! Thank you!

One more thing; we do get paperwork from outside hospitals that may list the series as "999" instead of "9999". I tried both

ifequal "%m", "MR"; ifnotequal "%VSeriesNumber", "9999"; ifnotequal "%VSeriesNumber", "999"; forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *

and

ifequal "%m", "MR"; ifnotequal "%VSeriesNumber", "9999", "999"; forward to STENTOR_SCP channel *

but that just put the paperwork back. Is there some sort of wildcard I can here, or is it just not possible to do with a string lookup?

Again, thank you!!!

Hi!

I'm trying to use Conquest as a Dicom Router. I'd like to be able to strip out the paperwork from the studies being routed to another system.

Normally, our paperwork uses series number 9999 (some outside studies use just 999). When you open the images up in pacs, the paperwork lists "Series #9999), which indicates it was scanned in using PacsGear.

Is it possible to do this with Conquest, using Import Coverters? I see there's a "delete [series XXXX]" command listed, but I haven't gotten it to work.

thanks!