Storage Management

• Hi

Requirement:-

Three (03) Tiers for Storage Management on Basis of Study Age.

Description:-

Define three (03) MAGs. MAG0 are fast SATA HDDs , MAG1 are little bit slow performing HDDs and MAG2 are low cost, cheap SATA HDDs.

After some defined period Patient Studies from MAG0 moved to MAG1 and MAG1 Studies are compressed using any protocol are shifted to MAG2. When a query is made to a PACS Server for any study and study is zipped or winrar on MAG2 it should be uncompressed and forwarded to requesting workstation.

In other words i wanted to implement Hierarchical storage management (HSM).

This will help me in save lot of space and also help me in deleting Studies from MAG2, if i want to...

--HM

• Hi Hammad,

this is not implemented. Using nightlymove (uses dgate -as and dgate -am) you can move older studies from e.g. MAG0 to MAG1 and compress to another DICOM compression (archivecompression), and/or a batch file can be used to do the same from MAG1 to MAG2 (same compression is used).

That should get you close.

Marcel

• Just tell me, is it possible. That after sometime i compress a study using any compression tool like 7z or Winrar and save it on any MAG device.

Now, do i need to update Database dicomimages also??? If yes, then what entry should i pass a simple filename or what???

If user request this study that is compressed, will be conquest able to understand this file and send images to the request client.

Your help in this regard is appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!