PACS Server Crashes after Importing OPG Images

• Hi

My PACS setup was running fine and flawless and no issues reported. I just imported some DICOM images of OPG. I simply copied the whole DVD into the incoming folder and server started importing it. Some files (which are non-DICOM) were discarded and DICOM files were imported successfully without any error and i was able to view images.

After sometime i got this message on GUI Console

*** Restarted dead server after error 7
    [PACS] Monitoring for files in: D:\images\incoming\
    [PACS] DGATE (1.4.17d, build Sun Mar 09 15:18:24 2014, bits 64) is running as threaded server
    [PACS] ***VR:ReAlloc out of memory allocating -606339074 bytes
    [PACS] ***A fatal error occurred (out of memory) - closing server.

I had restarted the Application number of times and also restarted the computer but of no use. On killing the Server i got this message.

]"The Server is not running properly: no connection
    Probably cause: NT Service failed to start (check account and password)".

Please guide this is my production server.

• Hi,

Are there still files in d:\images\incoming? It seems it chokes on an invalid image there. And it may be a good idea to make sure that NoDICOMCheck is not set or set to 0 in dicom,ini.

Marcel

• Hi,

Never seen a recurring issue after a server crash on invalid data.

Can you check using an independent program that the database is still functional? Another issue is that the port may be occupied. Try dgate -v from the command line in the dicomserver folder and see what it says.

regards,

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!