Total Number of Images

• Hi Marcel

Is there any way to find the total number of images in a study that is sent to PACS. Is this information saved in some DICOM Tag???

Problem is that i received some studies where some images are missing. If any Study like this is received by PACS, can PACS sent an email or notification to Admin for rectification of issue.

--HM

• I think i cannot explain my question::
    My question is I wanted to know is there any way to get the total number of images in a single study for example I had a CT Scan Head Plain. Total number of Images that are present in CT Scan Console are 350 but on PACS I received only 280..... rest are gone. Is there any way I know that there are 350 images not 280

• Just query the series on the query move page?

[1.3.12.2.1107.5.2.4.7640.20030210183856000002037] [20030210] [IMAGE ] [MR] [blaasvulling/fl3d-sl1p41mm] [Herk, van ] [EXP20030210A] [ 2] [ 37]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total of 32 item(s) found

Marcel

• You are right but i think i am unable to explain myself . Let me try to explain with an example.

There is a CT Scan machine in our hospital and both are connected to conquest and working fine. A Patient scan is done on CT Machine and after reconstruction of images by machine the total number of images are say 400. The CT Scan operator selects the scans and forward it to PACS. Say when conquest received 100 images there was some network problem and packet loss. Now when data is transmitted to conquest again it receive image no.140 to 200 and same problem occurs and then conquest start receiving from image no 280 till 350. So in this case the total number of images the conquest received is not 400 but less that 400.

I wanted a way or mechanism that to know how many images are expected to arrive. Do DICOM save total number of images in a study in some field or not.

This is my question.... i hope i had explained myself now for solution.

• Hi Hammad,

If the CT is not queryable, then conquest has not way to check it received all images. If the CT can be queried, then a command already exists to find and collect missing images.

regards,

Marcel

• I had searched the internet on this and found two options to achieve this:

(1) Forward all images to dcmtk or dcm4chee toolkit that uses Storage Commit Class and when it is verified then forward it to Conquest.

(2) I design a new table in conquest and there define No of Images again each Scan that is performed in my hospitals. On receiving images, i can query the Image Count, If they doesn't match i can ask the Radiology Technician to forward them to PACS again.

What you suggest??

--HM

• i will ask my Radiologists to give me minimum number of images a particular scan can have. for example in CT head simple you can have min 250 images. and MR head simple can have 350.

If i get the images lower then the configured one the server generate an error or send an email to the Admin.

--HM

• Hi,

to do the latter you can write a small lua script that triggers 10 minutes after last image is received and checks the study.

ImportConverter0 = process study with checkstudy.lua %VStudyInstanceUID

checkstudy.lua

• Thanks Marcel. If possible can you made the attached script little bit dynamic like i can pass modality and study description to the script and then the script query a selected table from DB for number of images against that Study Description.

Can you guide me in this regard.

--HM

• Hi,

you can use dbquery to query any table, samples to be found in the manual and lua folder. The top lines get studydescription so that bit is OK. It is just the bottom part (if sd ==) that you need to replace with dbquery based on your own table:

local n = dbquery('mytable', 'nrimages', "studydescription = '"..sd.."'")
    if #n>0 then
    if #y<n[0][0] then
    -- show error message
    end
    end

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!