Auto Archive in Conquest

• Is there a way to auto archive all studies over 2 years old? We have a current db that is getting large and slow, so I plan to split it into 2 separate databases so the current images are loaded faster. I'm looking for tips to automate or speed up that process. Current db is ConquestSRV1 and running on mysql. Thanks in advance.

• Thanks Marcel. When I put the command LRUSort = StudyDate, do I put an actual date in like LRUSort=09/01/2014? Or do I put LRUSort = StudyDate in the ini file and then put the date in the GUI field?

We are running version 1.4.17alpha, so let me know if I need to upgrade to latest release before doing this. Thanks!

• Hi,

the quote is exact, you cannot pass the date just the sort order. So the tail of dicom.ini might look like:

# Configuration of disk(s) to store images
    MAGDeviceFullThreshHold = 30
    MAGDevices = 2
    MAGDevice0 = c:\dicomserver1419beta3b\data\
    MAGDevice1 = d:\data\

LRUSort = StudyDate

And then use the GUI to start nightly moves.

Marcel

• The bottom of my dicom.ini file now looks like this:

# Configuration of disk(s) to store images
    MAGDeviceThreshhold = 0
    MAGDeviceFullThreshHold = 30
    IgnoreMAGDeviceThreshold = 0
    MAGDevices = 2
    MAGDevice0 = \\192.168.16.171\ostcxray\conquest\ostc xray\
    MAGDevice1 = \\Ostcnasbackups\XRay Archive\
    NightlyCleanThreshhold = 0
    LRUSort = StudyDate

How do I input the date into the GUI to start the move? The only field I see in GUI is Cleanup Nightly below (MB): _____ and the input appears to be only for MB ie 500000 is 5MB. Can I put a date in this field instead? There is also Cleanup Disk below (MB): _______ and it appears to want the same input ie MB.

Thanks!

• I got the following error last night when trying to start the Nightly Move process. This was on the Maintenance tab in the GUI:

All functions of this page are optional.
    Making space at night by moving LRU patients to: MAG1
    Amount of MB to move: 431242
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ---------- Start archival operation -----------
    failed selecting patients for nightly moving
    [CONQUESTSRV1] ---------- Start archival operation -----------
    [CONQUESTSRV1] MoveDataToDevice: Nothing to do
    failed nightly moving

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

• HI Marcel

Is it possible that before images to ARCHIVE can i ZIP them using any utility say 7z and only zipped file is saved. And When User request the study the study must be unzipped and then forwarded to end user. I have some space limitation and wanted to save space.

--HM

• Thanks Marcel for your guidance. I got few queries regarding Archive.

(1) Can i define separate location for images (storage of Studies on Basis of Modalities and also saving incoming images in separate MAGs on basis of Hospital name) just like they were saved on current Active MAGs.

(2) What number of Archive i can define? And what is the syntax of this ?

(3) Do Conquest also uses the concept of ONLINE and OFFLINE Studies like other PACS system?

(4) Can i configure to Archive Studies on basis of Study age instead of DISK SPACE.

(5) If a Study is Archived, is there any way to check the integrity of files copied to ARCHIVE by md5 checksum.

(6) Is Hierarchical Storage Management System (HSM) is available in conquest for ARCHIVAL. If yes then do it support tar, zip or any other format.

--HM

• I was able to get nightly move option to work now. It's just taking a really long time to move stuff given the size, so I end up having to stop it the next morning before it finishes the move operation. If I don't stop it, the system performs too poorly for users accessing it.

Is there any way to start the nightly move before 2aM other than command line? I would like to start it at 7pm, after users have gone home for the day.

Thanks!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!