A new worklist question

• Marcel
    Is there a way I could get a current installation updated with a new field in worklist and make it return that on a worklist query. Specifically I'm looking for the "Referring Physician" attrbute that is referenced with the TAG (0008,0090) .
    I'm thinking I could do it on a New instance of the database but not on a running instance. Is that accurate?

Thanks in advance

Mr Johnathan Bravo

• Hi,

You can change dicom.sql and use conquest to reshape the database, that would lose all data. Or you can reshape the database with your favorite database tool and carefully change dicom.sql to match it. In principle that could be done without data loss.

regards,

Marcel

• Marcel
    I did the latter of the two. For anyone else who is looking to add a tag to worklist. We did this to support a hitachi MR which has referring physician and requesting physician tag support.

stop dgate.
    ** backup database files. **

edit dicom.sql and added the following line after "StudyInstanceUID" and before "ReqPhysician".

Code
    { 0x0008, 0x0090, "RefPhysician", 64, SQL_C_CHAR, DT_STR, "---" },

Then in mysql cli

Code
    alter table DICOMWorkList add RefPhysici varchar(64) Default NULL AFTER StudyInsta;

then restart dgate.

then I tested it using findscu
    findscu -W -aet SOME_VALID_MODALITY -aec MY_AE -k 0040,0002="20160701" -k 0010,0010 -k 0008,0090 localhost 8181 &> /temp/worlist.txt

which yielded file entries such as

this worked in place and we didn't lose any data during the procedure

So thanks for the assistance and again thanks for a great product.

MrJohnBravo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!