Importing dicom data through incoming folder stoppedrandomly

• Hi Marchel,

We are trying to import almost 75GB of US DICOM data to our Conquest server. We have tried to click and drag the folder to the conquest GUI but it made the conquest to hang and not responding and required a hard end task.

We then tried to copy the DICOM folder to the incoming folder. It started well and conquest began to import the DICOM data to the database and corresponding folder. However, after some time (about 5-10 minutes) the process stopped abruptly and randomly although the incoming folder is not completely emptied yet. We can force the process to resume by Kill and Restart server, however the problem came again after 5-10 minutes. I don't know what's causing this, but we really need to import the old data to the server.

Can you please help me on this matter Marchel? Is there any other way to import data other than these?

Thank you very much!

• Hi,

I guess the fastest way is to copy it into the data folder of MAG0 and regenerate the database. Where did it come from?

What version are you using? Have you looked at task manager, maybe there is a memory leak somewhere. In that case used memory would keep increasing.

Marcel

• The images come from several ultrasound machines, all are GE. I'm using 1.419 alpha version which is running good for several months accepting 300-500 exams per day.

One question (related to my other post), when regenerating whole database and images, will it apply new import and export converters? I mean, I already have several thousands patients some of them have wrong ID format. I have created an importconverter that fixes patient ID (works good for new images). WIll the regenerating database process fixes the old images?

Thank you!

• Hi,

converters for the incoming folder works are controller by "ImportExportDragandDrop" in dicom.ini. A regen on existing data does not apply any filters.

When you installed it, did you run it as administrator? For MySQL, Conquest tries to modify a tcp setting to avoid issues with the database. In a post of yesterday, also some advice on MySQL settings.

Which database are you using? Can you look at task manager if a process is using 100% or very large amounts of memory?

Marcel

• Yes I installed and run it as Administrator. I checked the connection to the database and all seems OK. I 'll try to find the post you've menntioned.

Currently I'm using MySQL. I will try to monitor the task manager to look for a process consuming huge amount of memory.

Oh, I forgot to mention to you that during the import of US data, the server was still serving as PACS server for my network. So during the import, it still accepts various CR, DR, CT, and US data from current machines. However I didn't see any trouble with it, the import process is continued after the new incoming data was finished transferred.

Any other option to regen old data with new filter? As final solution I think I will need to make another server instance and move all old data to the new server folder, but that may not a clever solution for this situation..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!