Posts by hoedha

Yes I installed and run it as Administrator. I checked the connection to the database and all seems OK. I 'll try to find the post you've menntioned.

Currently I'm using MySQL. I will try to monitor the task manager to look for a process consuming huge amount of memory.

Oh, I forgot to mention to you that during the import of US data, the server was still serving as PACS server for my network. So during the import, it still accepts various CR, DR, CT, and US data from current machines. However I didn't see any trouble with it, the import process is continued after the new incoming data was finished transferred.

Any other option to regen old data with new filter? As final solution I think I will need to make another server instance and move all old data to the new server folder, but that may not a clever solution for this situation..

Thank you very much Marchel. I've tried your code and it works just as expected!

One question though, if I have an ExportConverters to forward a study to another machine, will the study undergo ImportConverters first (fix the PatientID and PatientName) before being forwarded to another machine?

Thank you once again! I may need to start studying Lua in order to fully customized my server..

The images come from several ultrasound machines, all are GE. I'm using 1.419 alpha version which is running good for several months accepting 300-500 exams per day.

One question (related to my other post), when regenerating whole database and images, will it apply new import and export converters? I mean, I already have several thousands patients some of them have wrong ID format. I have created an importconverter that fixes patient ID (works good for new images). WIll the regenerating database process fixes the old images?

Thank you!

Hi Marchel,

We are trying to import almost 75GB of US DICOM data to our Conquest server. We have tried to click and drag the folder to the conquest GUI but it made the conquest to hang and not responding and required a hard end task.

We then tried to copy the DICOM folder to the incoming folder. It started well and conquest began to import the DICOM data to the database and corresponding folder. However, after some time (about 5-10 minutes) the process stopped abruptly and randomly although the incoming folder is not completely emptied yet. We can force the process to resume by Kill and Restart server, however the problem came again after 5-10 minutes. I don't know what's causing this, but we really need to import the old data to the server.

Can you please help me on this matter Marchel? Is there any other way to import data other than these?

Thank you very much!

Hello Marchel,

Sorry for the late reply..

First of all, I'd like to confirm that you mistyped in your sample code, where you wrote like this :

ImportConverter1 = Data.Patientname=string.gsub(Data.PatientID, '%^' , ' ')

in which I think it should be : ImportConverter1 = Data.Patientname=string.gsub(Data.Patientname, '%^' , ' ')

Then, I tried to insert your code to my Dicom.Ini file but got the following error :

[SERVER] *** lua syntax error [string "Data.PatientID=string.gsub(Data.PatientID, '%.' , ''); if strin..."]:1: 'end' expected near '<eof>' in 'Data.PatientID=string.gsub(Data.PatientID, '%.' , ''); if string.len(Data.PatientID)==7 then Data.PatientID = '0' .. Data.PatientID'
    [SERVER] *** lua run error [string "Data.Patientname=string.gsub(Data.Patientna..."]:1: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil) in 'Data.Patientname=string.gsub(Data.Patientname, '%^' , ' ')'

Could you please enlighten me where did I get wrong here?

Thank you very much!

Hi Marchel,

Thank you for your wonderful server software, we've been using it for nearly 3 months in our hospital with more than 300 radiological examinations a day, and it's still going strong!

However, in our daily use, we've encountered several problems. When I checked our daily ServerTrouble, they're mainly create Inconsistent Data error... I really hope I could find some help from you here.

1. Regarding Patient ID, the correct format was 01234567 (8 digit patient ID with no space, no period in between, and a leading 0 if the numbers are only 7). However, some of our technologist/radiographers often input the wrong format such as :
    - Inputting only 7 numbers without the leading 0, ie 1234567
    - Inputting 8 number with the leading 0 but with periods in-between, ie 01.23.45.67
    - Combination of two above, ie 1.23.45.67

The addition of periods is devastating as it renders our viewer (Radiant) unable to find corresponding patient in the servers. Is there any way to convert the incorrect Patient ID on-the-fly to the correct format. I'm thinking like :
    a. Check whether there's period in-between, if yes then remove all the periods
    b. Then check the numbers, if it's less than 8 numbers then calculate the missing zeroes (ie 12345 then it's missing 8-5 = 3 leading zeroes), and then add a certain amount of leading zeroes

Is there any correct way to do this? Please shed some light on this..

2. Regarding patient name, some of our modalities add '^' character to replace spaces between words. I don't know whether this is the standard currently, as most of our newer modalities use this kind of approach. It also doesn't affect the capability of Radiant to search through the database. But for the sake of uniformity, we would like to replace the '^' character with space as we don't use first name-family name in our country. Is it doable on-the-fly also? How can we achieve that?

I'm sorry for a bit long post, we glad we find your software which does pretty well for what we want to do. Thank you in advance and thank you once again for the wonderful piece of software.

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. May I know what kind of features are reported to be broken in the alpha version?

Also, I have a minor curiosity/problem here. We are using RADIANT viewer to access the CONQUEST SERVER. When we query the server for any patient, the Institution Name (Hospital name) does not come up in the search result column, although I manually checked that the DICOM files contain it. On the other hand, we also use EFILM as secondary backup server, and when we query EFILM from RADIANT, the Institution Name is shown correctly for the same set of patients.

I guess screenshot will explain it better, I will try to get some screenshots to show you. But can you explain this minor problem, or the workaoround if any?

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Hello Marchel and everybody,

I'm a radiologist in a tertiary state-owned hospital in a developing country. Currently, we are trying to build a PACS environment using CONQUEST as the DICOM server. We perform approx 75k radiological examination per year, with 10% of it being a CT exam.

I've run your 1.419 alpha release for about a month and it satisfied our basic need, using MySQL as the database. However, I'm wondering for the long run, will it be better to stick with the 1.419 alpha version, or change it now before it's too late to the "more" stable version of 1.417e?

Is there any recommendation for running your software in a long term for a quite large patient data?

Once again, thank you for this wonderful piece of software!