Which version is the best for 75k exam/year?

• Hello Marchel and everybody,

I'm a radiologist in a tertiary state-owned hospital in a developing country. Currently, we are trying to build a PACS environment using CONQUEST as the DICOM server. We perform approx 75k radiological examination per year, with 10% of it being a CT exam.

I've run your 1.419 alpha release for about a month and it satisfied our basic need, using MySQL as the database. However, I'm wondering for the long run, will it be better to stick with the 1.419 alpha version, or change it now before it's too late to the "more" stable version of 1.417e?

Is there any recommendation for running your software in a long term for a quite large patient data?

Once again, thank you for this wonderful piece of software!

• Hi,

there should be no stability difference between versions. In the alpha release some functions may be broken though. I guess therefore the 1.4.17e release might be more suitable. You can downgrade by just swapping the exe files. But I would not do it if things are fine now.

Marcel

• Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. May I know what kind of features are reported to be broken in the alpha version?

Also, I have a minor curiosity/problem here. We are using RADIANT viewer to access the CONQUEST SERVER. When we query the server for any patient, the Institution Name (Hospital name) does not come up in the search result column, although I manually checked that the DICOM files contain it. On the other hand, we also use EFILM as secondary backup server, and when we query EFILM from RADIANT, the Institution Name is shown correctly for the same set of patients.

I guess screenshot will explain it better, I will try to get some screenshots to show you. But can you explain this minor problem, or the workaoround if any?

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

• Hi,

Bugs are collected at: http://forum.image-systems.biz…c.php?f=33&t=43768#p56501. There are not many, but I may have broken other stuff. As I add more features in the beta, it will break more as well. But the core is quite stable for any release.

As far as the Institutionname is concerned, it will only show up when it is in the database. Which DICOM tag is it looking for? Conquest stores 0x0008,0x0080.

Rather

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!