Virtual Server and Queries Concept

• Can you explain me the concept and use of VIRTUAL SERVER and VIRTUAL QUERIES in conquest? I had read the manual and forum but its still unclear to me.

What are the use of Virtual Server and Queries in our real world and how can we benefit from them on our setups.

When i setup Virtual Server, the Doctor query the main server (the front server), Virtual Server A and B were configured and defined in known workstations/modalities page. Request made goes to both server A & B. And if Study is found then images are first copied to Main Server and then they are pushed to client. This whole process takes too much time. And once the study is served to the doctor the copied study remains on the main server and you have to delete it manually.

Also tell me after images are pushed to requested workstation, the images should be deleted automatically from the main server

--HM

• Hi Hammad,

virtual server acts as a cache and gateway and is very efficient in my previous hospital to merge data from different PACS systems. As cleanup I would suggest the standard nightly cleanup that deletes old studies.

regards,

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!