Can't display, edit, delete image entry.

• Hi Marcel, Hi everybody

I have 2 issues and the first one is critical and i can't figure out how to fix it.

Firstly since a few months (i think, maybe since i migrated Conquest on a Windows 2012 server ?) when i select a patient in the GUI, instead of displaying image i can read "image file not found". The series and the images are not displayed either.
    All i can see is the study name in the top field (capture as attachment).
    That said, if i use a Dicom client and query the PACS, i can retrieive the study, display images, everything works fine.

The problem is that clinicians usually make some mistakes in patient informations, markers or some other things.
    I use to delete the study or the serie in Conquest, and then ask the clinicians to send again the study to the PACS.
    I am now unable to delete anything on most cases.
    The same issue occur on a test server i made this morning. The only study which work fine is the default one provided in conquest.
    Reindexing the database, and even change database type does not have any effect.
    I've also tried many options in dicom.ini without any success.

The second issue is not so annoying, but maybe there is a way to make it work : I use Mirth Connect to send a HL7 file to conquest in order to feed the worklist..
    Sometimes, some patients have some accent mark or apostrophe in their names and it makes Conquest to fail to add them to the worklist.
    Is there any workaround ?

Many thanks in advance for any help !

• Marcel,
    After another test, the issue does not occur when using conquest 1.4.15.
    The bad news is that i updated to 1.4.17 in order to use a lua script which allow dynamic IP for some client (if you remember), so i can hardly revert to 1.4.15.

EDIT : well, i can use this as a workaround as the issue is caused by the GUI only. I pasted the 1.4.15 GUI in my 1.4.17d Conquest folder, and i now can delete my studies again ! :D

It seems something has changed between the 2 versions.

• Hi,

which database do you use? In newer versions I rely more on BrowseThroughDBF: the server creates a DBF extract in the data/dbase folder for the GUI to use. Maybe that folder does not exist? What is the value of that flag in dicom.ini?

The accent probably needs to be escaped. Can myrth connect do that in the HL7 file?

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

I use SQLite Dbase with BrowseThroughDBF activated.

dicom.ini extract :

Code
    SqLite = 1
    BrowseThroughDBF = 1

The folder Dbase exists (well 2 folders exists and are used : one in conquest server folder / data, on in data folder which is located on another partition). One test server, i use the default folder and the issue is present.
    I made a test server with DBASE III and the same error occured.
    As i said before, your test image HEAD_EXP_00097038 always display fine in every case. This is obiously something related to the images we produce since some times (old studies are not affected) and the last version of Conquest GUI, as the 1.4.15 GUI works flawlessly with all studies / images, using the last dgate.exe 1.4.17d.

If you want to dig, i can send you one image which fail with the last GUI.

About worklist and MirthConnect, you're right : i added a step which removes problematic caracters and replace them with standard ones.
    Now the hl7 files are being processed normally. :)

Thanks for your answer anyway,

Emmanuel

• Hi Emmanuel,

the new GUI uses dgate.exe to convert the images, so that also JPEG2000 can be displayed. The old GUI uses cqdicom.dll which only supports jpeg. Would be nice to ghet an image.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

That's kinda weird, i use the same database, SQlite.
    As i said before, i also tried with DBASE III on a test server and had the same issue.

I can use the old GUI as a workaround, but i can't understand what happen...
    I was thinking to a user right problem but couldn't find anything that could explain.

Could it be related to the OS version ? I can't remember but it is possible that the issue appeared after i migrated on my Windows 2012 server.

I keep in touch if i can find any explanation.

Thanks for your help Marcel.

• Hi,

the issue must happen in the dgate --extract:patientID command, as this is used to create the temporary database used by the browser. It generates the XDicomImages.dbf databases etc. I assume these do not exist?

Are these settings OK:

SQLHost = localhost
    SQLServer = E:\dicomserver1417d\Data\dbase\conquest.db3
    Username =
    Password =
    SqLite = 1
    BrowseThroughDBF = 1
    DoubleBackSlashToDB = 0
    UseEscapeStringConstants = 0

Marcel

• Hi,

I am using SQLite. Images are stored in separate folder (not the default in ..\data).

I had a similar problem but when I tried to use "Browse database" Conquest crashed. However, when I copied the ..\data\dbase folder to the folder with the images (MAG0) it now works.

The "X.......DBF" files are modified in this location whereas the conquest.db3 file is modified in the original ...\data\dbase folder.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!