Connection terminated

• Hi Marcel and everybody,

I am getting *** connection terminated in my serverstatus.log. Even when I set the server in debug mode there is not more information available.
    Is there a way how to learn more why the connection is terminated?

Best regards,

Martin Höger

• Marcel, thank you. The device is Ultrasound Philips HD11.

Here I have found a link to its Conformance Statements:
    http://www.healthcare.philips.…ultrasound_statements.wpd
    It looks like the associations are listed there. I will try to go thru it and add all of them in dgatesop.lst, would this be a good way to start?

The behavior looks like this: for a day or two it works, the doctor says that he sends only images and SR. Then the US starts to send one old examination (from previous day, not the very last one) all the time again an again. Always sends some images, then connection terminated and all again. Because of this "circle" new measurements are waiting in a queue so the doctor will not get his data for a day.

Best regards,

Martin

• Hi Martin,

can you see at what image it fails? I vaguely remember seeing before that Philips tries to send images which were not supported and hung up the connection in the middle of a transfer. Try searching the forum.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

first of all let me wish you all the best in 2015.

Do you mean the device sends images which are not supported by dicom standard or Conquest? I tried to search the forum, there are two posts concerning Philips, one looks similar but they got "*** Association rejected" (http://forum.image-systems.biz….php?f=33&t=43470&p=55709).
    In my case I get only:

Code
    Wed Jan 7 11:17:14 2015 UPACS THREAD 7170: STARTED AT: Wed Jan 7 11:17:13 2015
    Wed Jan 7 11:17:14 2015 *** connection terminated

I also tired to modify the source code to add some more information in the log, I can find the right place but it is too complicated for me to print out right data from the objects.

Is there an easy way how to modify the source to trick the device, so it would think it arrived well and it would not send it over and over? Something like to comment out some lines.
    Otherwise it looks that the doctor is not missing any images, so such a workaround would be a kind of solution for me.

• Hi,

the retry is done by Philips, so adding new items to dgatesop.lst is the only way to fix the issue. You can script a bit more logging; but the best way to get more info is to enable debug logging and try to catch one of the failures in the log.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

I tried the version 1.4.17e2, it looks the same.

Code
    Mon Jan 19 11:05:40 2015 UPACS THREAD 6: STARTED AT: Mon Jan 19 11:05:40 2015Mon Jan 19 11:05:40 2015 *** connection terminatedMon Jan 19 11:05:40 2015 UPACS THREAD 6: ENDED AT: Mon Jan 19 11:05:40 2015

But I just discovered when I added to dgatesop.lst:

Code
    STORAGECOMMITMENTPUSHCLASS 1.2.840.10008.1.20.1 sopSTORAGECOMMITMENTPUSHINST 1.2.840.10008.1.20.1.1 sop

It started to bring following errors:

Storage commitment is not supported, right?

• Hi,

it could indeed be a storage commitment request that is causing this issue. Have you tried to enable debug logging? It is done by running a second instance of dgate as "dgate --debuglevel:4". I expect you get some more info.

Marcel

• Ah, so. I always did only --debuglevel:2. Thank you!

I think, it looks clear now "1.2.840.10008.1.20.1", Storage Commitment:

Just a question, are there any plans to support it in the future?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!