Importing DICOM images

• As further information to the question: How do I import Dicom images? Please consider this scenario:
    1. I have exported DICOM images from my prior source. Each image has its own dicom header, but unlike in CONQUESTSRV1, the file names are simply the number of the image (1,2,3,4,5 etc). So in one of the posts on the forum it suggested simply using the GUI to drag and drop data files. I am not sure how to do this. The only interface I have with CONQUEST is the "Configuration" tab which simply shows the file tree. Is this what you are referring to as the GUI?
    2. I did try directly importing the 1,2,3,4,5 etc. files into the Data folder on CONQUESTSRVR1. That did not work.

I had seen the prior post about dragging and dropping in the GUI; I guess I am confused as to what GUI you are referring to, and what I drag and drop: individual folders? Individual files?

Sorry to be so ignorant about DICOM file structure, but I am!
    Thanks.

• Hi,

if you drop any file or folder anywhere in the user interface, the files will be entered into the server, i.e., the file is copied and a database entry is made out of the header. The original filename is ignored. Hope this helps.

If you files copy anywhere into the data folder, and they have .dcm extension, then you can load them by regenerating the database.

Marcel

• Thank you for the info Marcel, but I am still confused.
    I am unable to drop a file or folder anywhere in the user interface. When you refer to the user interface I presume you are talking about the tabbed screen that you depict on page 24 of your ConquestPACS.doc; the screen with a tab for Configuration, Installation, Maintenance, etc. I have tried to drop folders in each tab; it is not possible. Are you perhaps referring to some other user interface?

When my existing source (Agfa CR) exports DICOM images and data, the actual image files have NO extension. They are simply numbered, in a folder that the Agfa export program labels "DICOM."

By the way, I have successfully loaded individual images into the database by sending them directly, one by one, from my Agfa CR. I note that these images are approximately 13MB each, and do not show up in the image browser of Conquest in the "Browse database" tab. The image area displays simply "Large file not displayed; 13.0 MB". However they are pushed to my PACS viewer stations. Does any of this matter?

I am simply seeking a way to get a whole lot of PACS images off my Agfa CR onto Conquest. But the dragging and dropping is not working.

Thank you.

• Hi Steve,

indeed the picture on page 24 is the user interface. It does accept images and folders dropped from explorer. Sometimes drag and drop is 'stuck' - hit escape to unblock it. When it works you get an question to import yes or no.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel.
    I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, and importing files by drag and drop now works well! I don't know what the problem was; everything else worked fine. Now it is fixed!

Dank u wel!
    Steve

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!