Posts by sleibo

Thanks, Sabine
    I double checked the ip address and the ports in both Conquest (5678) and Kpacs(104). They are as expected. I checked on the workstation computer, and port 104 is identified as being used by kpserver. I checked with ipconfig that the presumed ip address for the workstation is as I expected. Shut off anti virus and firewall. Still it will not load images!
    The one thing you mentioned that I am not sure where to do is to make sure that the DB path is correctly set up (with / at the end). Is this done on KPacs Server or Conquest Server? Where?
    Thanks!

I have two KPacs workstations on port 104 connected to a Conquest Server on port 5678. Both workstations are configured identically, except for different AE Titles. On one workstation I can search the patient database and bring up patients normally, and retrieve and display images normally.

On the second workstation, I can search the patient database and bring up patients normally, but I get an error when I attempt to retrieve those images to the local Imagebox. The logfile shows:

10/6/2014 2:01:55 PM ThreadID[864] : Retrieving images from CONQUESTSRV1 started
    [864] >> : c-find request for StudyInstanceUID: 1.3.51.0.7.11974324307.36160.41294.46224.37585.21190.19207 initated
    [864] >> : c-find result: 1 sequences in study with UID 1.3.51.0.7.11974324307.36160.41294.46224.37585.21190.19207
    [864] >> : c-move request for sequence 1.3.51.0.7.2344214112.4059.45637.34431.38266.53738.20728 initiated.
    [864] >> : Error: retreive failed for XXXX,YYYY Study: Wrist , Sequence: 1
    [864] >> : c-move request for sequence 1.3.51.0.7.2334773294.23477.10316.37651.33306.4054.44419 initiated.
    [864] >> : Error: retreive failed for XXXX,YYYY Study: Wrist , Sequence: 2
    10/6/2014 2:01:56 PM ThreadID[864] : Closed.
    Task processed with errors

Can you provide any tips/pointers to identify this problem?
    Thanks!

Thank you for your reply, Sabine. Try as I might, this does not work. Turns out that my study tabs are present, but blank. i.e. I can load two studies; each one has a study tab but there is no writing, no green "+", nothing at all on the face of the tab. It is just plain gray.

Any precedent for this situation? It occurs on each of my workstations that has KPacs loaded; they all behave the same way.

Windows 7, 64 bit on the workstations.

Thanks.
    Steve

Has anyone found a fix for this? I am having the same problem, also Win 7 64 bit. Since tabs are blank, there is no green "+" on the tab (or any patient identifier) which would allow you to compare images in the tiled viewer from different studies or different patients.

I want to simultaneously view multiple images in a single instance of KPacs, from different dates.

When I search for a particular patient, all dates come up where he has had an Xray. If I double click on each date, all the images from that date appear in the "series" area at the top of the KPacs screen. I have the display window set on 2X1.

I want to be able to compare one image from Date 1 with one image from Date 2 on the same patient. I can not see how to do that.

Please assist!

Thank you.

I have read these posts but still have a problem. Trying to export DICOM images and KPACS lite reader onto a CD. I select the images and click "Export"->"Burn to CD/DVD". The "CD/DVD Creator" window opens and I click "Burn to CD/DVD." The window says I need 56 MB of space. I get a message "Data will not fit on the medium." Any ideas? I not others have seen this message but I dont see a solution.

Do I need a 3d party CD burning software (i.e. Nero or other) installed on the computer? If so, how does KPACS know to access the 3d party software? Do I need to create the DICOM files in Imagebox first and then burn those folders to CD? If I do that, how do I get the reader onto the CD? Do i need to format the CD first?

Thank you!
    Steve

Hi Marcel.
    I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, and importing files by drag and drop now works well! I don't know what the problem was; everything else worked fine. Now it is fixed!

Dank u wel!
    Steve

Thank you for the info Marcel, but I am still confused.
    I am unable to drop a file or folder anywhere in the user interface. When you refer to the user interface I presume you are talking about the tabbed screen that you depict on page 24 of your ConquestPACS.doc; the screen with a tab for Configuration, Installation, Maintenance, etc. I have tried to drop folders in each tab; it is not possible. Are you perhaps referring to some other user interface?

When my existing source (Agfa CR) exports DICOM images and data, the actual image files have NO extension. They are simply numbered, in a folder that the Agfa export program labels "DICOM."

By the way, I have successfully loaded individual images into the database by sending them directly, one by one, from my Agfa CR. I note that these images are approximately 13MB each, and do not show up in the image browser of Conquest in the "Browse database" tab. The image area displays simply "Large file not displayed; 13.0 MB". However they are pushed to my PACS viewer stations. Does any of this matter?

I am simply seeking a way to get a whole lot of PACS images off my Agfa CR onto Conquest. But the dragging and dropping is not working.

Thank you.

As further information to the question: How do I import Dicom images? Please consider this scenario:
    1. I have exported DICOM images from my prior source. Each image has its own dicom header, but unlike in CONQUESTSRV1, the file names are simply the number of the image (1,2,3,4,5 etc). So in one of the posts on the forum it suggested simply using the GUI to drag and drop data files. I am not sure how to do this. The only interface I have with CONQUEST is the "Configuration" tab which simply shows the file tree. Is this what you are referring to as the GUI?
    2. I did try directly importing the 1,2,3,4,5 etc. files into the Data folder on CONQUESTSRVR1. That did not work.

I had seen the prior post about dragging and dropping in the GUI; I guess I am confused as to what GUI you are referring to, and what I drag and drop: individual folders? Individual files?

Sorry to be so ignorant about DICOM file structure, but I am!
    Thanks.

Hi Sabine
    I now have the sample images on ConquestSRVR. I have one KPACS installation on a machine with ip xxx.xxx.x.41. In ConquestSRVR I labelled this install "RedRoomPacs" as AE, xxx.xxx.x.41 as ip; port 104, in the MAP file on ConquestSRVR.

In KPACS, I list CONQUESTSRVR as AE, ip as xxx.xxx.x.66, port 5678. I also included, in KPACS, a line for RedRoomPacs, xxx.xxx.x.41 as ip; port 104
    When I open KPACS I clicked on "Filesystem" tab in query panel; I located the (shared) folder on ConquestSRVR and clicked "accept" however no studies show up in the KPACS window.

What am I doing wrong? I cant see any of the dicom studies from KPACS.

One thing: I am not sure how to check my ports. These are not my router ports, correct? As I am not seeking to open port 104 or 5678 in my router to the outside world (I know how to do that, using my network server's ip as the local host since my network server hands out DHCP addresses on my network, not my router). So, do I need to "open" ports 104 and 5678 somehow in my network? If so I dont know how to do that.

Thank you.

Thank you for the reply, Sabine.

I re-initialized the ConQuest database; the message said re-initialization is complete, but still there are no images or patients present in the Browse tab of ConQuest Server.

I am going to install KPacs viewer on 3 different machines. Each has a static ip address on the LAN. Do I use port 104 for each of the three machines, with KPServer as AE title for all three? Or do I use the machine name for each PC as the AE name?

Finally, I am not sure what you mean when you suggest I can send data from KPacs to Conquest. I thought KPacs was only a viewer; that information resided on ConQuest and was sent one way to KPacs? I have my (Agfa) CR machine connected to the ConQuest server, and anticipate that images generated by the Agfa are stored on ConQuest, and can be retrieved on KPacs. Am I missing something?

Thanks. As I am using the demo (free) versions of the software now I am not in touch with the sales team.
    Steve

I installed DICOM server on a server successfully. However there is no sample data. Is this supposed to be included?

I do not see how to enter a new patient's data in Conquest. When I go to the Browse Database tab in Conquest, there are no (sample) patients present, and no way to add new patients.

I installed KPACS viewer on a networked machine, set the port in KPACS viewer to 5678 which is the default port for DICOM Server after install. I identified the server in KPACS as Conquestsrv1, which is the default name for the server software. How do I test functionality: i.e. retrieving data from the Server?

Please advise.
    THank you.
    Steve