Server requirements

• Hi all.
    Can you say which server will be suitable for my needs? About 4 Tb of data per year, 3 of them are generated by angiography, other 1 Tb by CT, MRI, radiography and scintigraphy. Data should be stored for 5 years, so 20 Tb capacity is necessary. What about CPU, memory? I read the manual and the entire forum, but didn’t find this information.

Anuar

• Hi,

any modern 4-core cpu would do, get a 64 bit windows OS and lets say 16 GB of memory. I would put MySQL on the same box as database. If the server is heaviliy loaded with users, it may be useful to get additional cores.

Marcel

• Could you also state the requirements for some simple tests that only contain a few studies/series/images?
    We set up an Ubuntu box at rackspace, but apparently 250mb of memory we ordered is not enough as I get an instance of std::bad_alloc thrown at me when I try to connect to the conquest. Can we get by with 1GB, or is this way to little, too?

Thanks in advance,

Roger

• Hi Roger,

Sorry I missed your post (had not seen the approval sign). I would think that 250 mb is enough. Typically with sqlite dgate uses maybe 20 mb or so. For such a small system I would, however, not use mysql. You can try running dgate --checklargestmalloc: it will tell you how much space there is after conquest is started (e.g., 250 mb - OS - conquest useage).

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!