Advice on how to "sync up" two Conquest servers

• Advice please:
    I have a client with 2 Conquest servers. Their original plan was to have one primary pacs and one backup pacs (for redundancy purposes). Unfortunately, there weren't any rules set up to push the study to the second server - it was set up as a manual push by the tech.
    Over a period of about 4 years, this led to a few problems:
    1. Some studies never got sent to the backup pacs.
    2. Some studies never got sent to the primary pacs, they went only to the backup server by mistake.

My question is what is the best way to get the unique images on each server copied over to the other? I have corrected the tech training issue and added a rule to automatically forward all studies to the backup pacs, but I need to sync the servers together. I am "knowledgeable enough to be dangerous" with Conquest and am not afraid of batch files if that is part of the solution.

Marcel, I think I already owe you a beer if you are ever in the Pacific Northwest, but there's more where that came from... :wink:

• Hi,

probably you are best of with a study level compare: list all studies on both sides, sort and compare the lists, and then create dgate --movestudy batch files.

The dgate --grabimagesfromserver command is more fine grained, but that would take forever to complete. W'll be in Seatlle this summer!

Marcel

• Using what program to list the studies? Something like Excel to query the DB of each server?

What would be an example of the dgate --movestudy syntax

Also, to make matters more complicated, the backup PACS is using the built-in DB3 (SQLServer= C:\Conquest\Data\dbase\conquest.db3),
    The Primary PACS is using SQL 2005 Express.

• Hi,

dgate "--studyfinder:local||%0.0s%0.0s%0.0s%s:%s" > srv1.txt

lists of all studies the patientID:studyuid into srv1.txt. The %0.0s is used to supress unwanted information.

Do the same for server2. Then sort the list, compare them and create a batch file with these statements:

dgate "--movestudy:SRC,DEST,patientID:studyuid"

Both will work with any database driver. By the way, DB3 is sqlite that can be queried with the downloadable sqlite.exe.

Good luck!

• Hi, syswiz.

I'd like to know more about the way you do the ConQuest redundancy.
    Currently we have a backup team that does the backup like this:
    1) Today they get yesterday's studies to their workstations (with a local Conquest on their workstations);
    2) When the data folder stores almost 25GB they burn it on a BD-R disc labeling it with the studies date.

My concern is about optical media reliability so I a want a different kind of backup. Sometimes studies aren't found on server and then we have to restore them by reading the BD-R discs, but sometimes we can't read some files from these discs anymore and the study is lost. I guess cloning constantly and automatically (to avoid human mistakes) our server would be the best backup method because if the main server crashes because of hardware issues we will be able to restore the system quickly using the backup clone server. But I'm not sure about the best way to do it.

I don't trust the tech doing the manual push, a lot of times they just forget doing it.

Have you used the ExportConverter at dicom.ini?
    We use this, but a sometimes (not always, so it works) we see ExportConverter failure messages at the logfile. Sometimes I know this happens because of network issues, sometimes I don't know why. But these studies will not be available at the backup server, or the ExportConverter tries again later?

Regards!

Gustavo F. Caetano
    Technical Coordinator and Biomedical Informatics Specialized Technician
    Image Sciences and Medical Physics Center
    Hospital das Clínicas - FMRP - USP

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!