ExportConverter0 = save jpg won't make subfolders

• I need to produce jpegs of significant images and want to store them in adhoc subfolders based on mrn :
    1) [This works]: ExportConverter0 = save jpg as D:\SigImages\%i%b.jpg
    2)[ Nothing happens at all]: when I change the "%i" to "%i\" i.e. ExportConverter0 = save jpg as D:\SigImages\%i\%b.jpg
    The Conquest server status window shows me a perfectly constructed folder path, e.g. D:\SigImages\1234567\0000.jpg but nothing at all gets created. Thoughts anyone?

• Hi,

I did (for Windows) something like the following example:

Code
    ExportConverter0 = cmd /c mkdir "\dicomserver\data\jpeg\%v0010,0020\%V0010,0010\%V0008,0020" ; dcmj2pnm.exe +oj +Wn --scale-x-size 1024 %f "\data\jpeg\%i\%V0010,0010\%V0008,0020\%V0008,1030-%V0008,103E-%V0020,0011.jpeg"

You need dcmj2pnm.exe (from the Offis tools) to be resident in the Conquest root.
    My experience is that the Offis tool creates better quality images than the native Conquest command.

Chris

• Hi,

the native script mkdir makes subdirectories.

The jpeg conversion does not respect the level ^ window embedded in the header, so maybe that is why the quality is poorer. Something for the wishlist.

Marcel

• Many thanks, all! It looks like I was making a false assumption. When I read the documentation: "ExportConverterN may run a program using the following syntax (for example) ‘notepad %f’, where %f=filename, %m=modality, %s=stationname, ..." I assumed that I could use the same folder-making syntax that FileNameSyntax uses. A fortuitous misunderstanding because you've also given me a method for superior jpegs. Thanks again!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!