DICOM RT based file structures

• Is it possible within Conquest to base the file structure upon related DICOM files which are referenced within one the sent files? For example:

If I sent an RT PLAN and CT to Conquest I would like to save the RT Plan as follows:

Patient ID\Plan Name

This would be straightforward for the RT Plan as I could use obtain both the patient ID and plan name from the RT Plan file. However, I would also like to save the CT in the same format. Since the plan name is not contained in the CT, would I have to make use of the frame of reference UID to relate it to the RT Plan, then extract the plan name from the RT Plan?

I would be intrigued to hear if Conquest can do this through Lua or otherwise.

Thanks,

Ben

• Hi Ben,

in principle conquest can do this, because you can use a lua filename generator, and lua can lookup objects at will. However, the issue is that the server must be able to determine on first reception of each object.

If conquest gets the CT first, before there is a plan, it will not know which plan to assign it to. This will complicate matters enormously.

In addition, different plans can reference the same CT. This would suggest a scheme were a copy is made of the CT under each plan. Making such a copy should be possible if you know the plan is recieved last.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!