Directories/filenames in Imagebox

• Hi there,
    I am very happy using KPacs for basic Dicom viewing functions. However, I am using other software packages for more advanced image processing functions and am having trouble identifying the appropriate files stored in Imagebox. Can you explain a bit about the naming conventions for the Dicom directories and files created in Imagebox by KPacs? They all seem to be long number strings (study id), making it difficult to identify a particular exam or a particular series within an exam. The previous version of Kpacs listed the 'Study ID' for each exam, which corresponded to the directory name, but now I can't find that information.

Can you recommend an easier way to cross reference the numbered filenames to patient names or exams in the imagebox folder when using other image processing software?

Any advice would help!
    Thanks very much

• The easiest way to find out the corresponding filenames is to mark a study, series of file in the browser tree-view and click "export" and then select "open image files in explorer".

Another way is to install a second local StoreSCP like the OFFIS storescp or another iQSERVER (start in command shell without parameter and you will get a list of all possible parameters). Now you can send all studies/series to this SCP and open the received images with your other application.

regards,
    andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!