Posts by spartrid

Hi there,
    I am very happy using KPacs for basic Dicom viewing functions. However, I am using other software packages for more advanced image processing functions and am having trouble identifying the appropriate files stored in Imagebox. Can you explain a bit about the naming conventions for the Dicom directories and files created in Imagebox by KPacs? They all seem to be long number strings (study id), making it difficult to identify a particular exam or a particular series within an exam. The previous version of Kpacs listed the 'Study ID' for each exam, which corresponded to the directory name, but now I can't find that information.

Can you recommend an easier way to cross reference the numbered filenames to patient names or exams in the imagebox folder when using other image processing software?

Any advice would help!
    Thanks very much

Hi there -
    I have two wishlist requests, features that would be great to have in KPacs if you ever have a chance to add them:

1. Synchronize the window/level when viewing different series (in 2:1 mode we can synch the slices, but not the window/level). Important for comparing images taken before/after delivering a contrast agent.

2. Report the lab frame A/P, R/L, S/I locations for the cursor rather than just the X/Y pixel locations. Right now we do get that for slice location, but not for in plane pixel location. Important for comparing the same anatomical location in different series of the same exam that may have different slice orientations, etc.

Other than that, KPacs has been a very helpful tool - keep up the great work!
    Thanks