strange phenomen

• hello,

unfortunately, I had a systemcrash and have to rebuild my pacs ( I use dicomconquest 1.4.11 )
    When trying to reinitialize the database, the mri-files are not recognized any more, nether by conquest or efilm, in contrast to the ct files, which work.
    I copied some of the mri files to another harddisk and imported them via file-system to k-pacs, to my surprise the images could be displayed.
    So far so good.
    Then I send some files to a conquestserver1, which autorouted the files to another conquestserver2.
    To my surprise I couldn t review the files nether with k-pacs nor efilm from server 1 ( the native imageviewer of conquest displays the images, but not the integrated k-pacs viewer ), but displaying the images from server2 is no prob. And this I dont understand.

Loading the images from server 1 I get the following message:

- this file does not have enough data for the image
    image start 4636
    image size 65536
    slice 1
    file size 4636

I ve no idea, what that means.
    How many files can I import into k-pacs for reconstructing and sending them to the pacs?
    otherwise I would have to copy back all from the dvd, that would drive us mad.
    Any suggestions how to solve that prob?

• Unfortunately not.
    I build up the whole system from the scratch and then it was running. Took me round about a week to copy back all dvd, but it was a good simulation and training the worst case scenario ( the complete data loss ). And showed us the importance of back ups and a strategy for that.

• I found the problem (at least on my setup). We had set up conquest on a new server and set the base directory as "Images Root". The images are jpeg encoded. Turns out that something in conquest (maybe the dcmtk jpeg converter?) does not like the space in the filename. I changed the name to "ImagesRoot" and all is good.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!