Posts by tedwyer1

I have tried using the new substring functionality of the beta and it works well except that the actual name of the file (not dirs) always comes out as the first 24 chars of the SOPInstanceID, not matter what I use as a string.

For example, I use this string for FileNameSyntax in the INI file:

FileNameSyntax = c%id[0,1]\Images\%id[0,1]\y_%studydate[0,3]\m_%studydate[4,5]\d_%studydate[6,7]\%id\%studyuid_%seriesid_%imagenum_%time_%counter.dcm

The output I get is:

c20\Images\20\y_2006\m_08\d_28\20_10879_1_1\1.2.392.200036.9107.500.dcm

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

TIA
    Tom

We are a small chain or Urgent Care centers. The centers each have a 2 digit center number which we use as a prefix to the patientID. We have a local conquest server at each center and a main conquest server at our regional office. I use windows replication to send the files from the centers to the main office and then use the dgate commands to import the files when they pop up in the directories.

Hi Marcel,
    Here is the code that we modified. Please understand that we are a bunch of vb.net programmers! If you tell me how to send you a big zip file I can send you a Visual Studio 2005 project that I use to compile this (I used your Linux code as a base).

I use these strings for the ini files:
    #Regional Server
    #FileNameSyntax = c%centernumber\Images\%centernumber\y_%year\m_%month\d_%day\%id\%studyuid_%seriesid_%imagenum_%time_%counter.dcm
    #Center Server
    #FileNameSyntax = %centernumber\y_%year\m_%month\d_%day\%id\%studyuid_%seriesid_%imagenum_%time_%counter.dcm

Here is the modified dgatefn.cpp code (moderator: condensed the code, will be included in next release).

Thanks, I'll look through the code for references to the Bindfield.

What we did was add to the routine you have for the flexible filenamesyntax so we could also use date of study (year, month, day) and the center number (1st 2 digits of the PatientID). I'll be happy to send you the code if you are interested, it just adds some additional wild cards to the code you already have for the filenamesyntax in the INI file.
    Tom

Hi Marcel,
    We are using the code from your 14.12 alpha release. We modified the dgatefn.cpp file to place the dicom files in a custom directory structure. The same thing happens with 14.11 that we had not modified.

Could you tell me where the changes are that fix the delete bug? I would like to try those changes in our version.
    Thanks
    Tom

Hi,
    I have been using Conquest for about a year with both Access and SQL Server. What a great product!
    There is one problem that is consistent. When I delete a study or a patient from the "Browse Database" tab I get a messagebox "Row handle referred to a deleted row or a row marked for deletion". The delete does take place but the messageboxes keep coming up and I have to stop the app from the task manager.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks
    Tom

I found the problem (at least on my setup). We had set up conquest on a new server and set the base directory as "Images Root". The images are jpeg encoded. Turns out that something in conquest (maybe the dcmtk jpeg converter?) does not like the space in the filename. I changed the name to "ImagesRoot" and all is good.