File Syntax and U/S images

• Hi
    I had searched the forum as well as user manual but i cannot find the answer to my question. I want to save the dicom images of a patient in the following order.

CT
    |
    |_____ Date
    |
    |______ Medical Record Number of the patient
    |
    |____ images comes here

In block level it should be like this

CT
    |
    |____ 20110101
    | |____ all patient of this date
    |_____20110102
    |___ all patient of this date

And same is the case with MRI, CR and U/S.

My second question is that when i send angio or U/S images to CONQUEST PACS Server. It takes sometime but saves them. But when i tried to retrieve them from workstation it took lot of time and sometimes the server got hanged. My whole network is running on Giga and no network performance issue is raised so far.
    I am still waiting for my question regarding automatic transfer of images on daily basis from from one server to another server and delete the images from first server after they were successfully moved to other (backup) server. And when query was made the backup server or archive server should respond to that query.

• Hi,

for you first question see filenamesyntax in the manual. This setup is certainly possible, as any item in the DICOM image can be used to generate filenames, e.g.. FilenameSyntax = %modality\%studydate\%patientid\%studyuid\%seriesuid\%sopuid.dcm.

The US images are probably very big JPG encoded movies: by default conquest will store them uncompressed. This would explain the speed issues. Try to use uncompressed or jpeg mode to store and transmit the images (UJ).

For your third question, probably you need to script it using a batch file. The automatic forward is easy (example is in manual: something like ExportConverter0 = between "20", "6"; defer; forward study to BACKUP), connecting servers is easy (see VirtualServer in manual, e.g., VirtualServer= BACKUP). The deleting is however, non trivial, because there is no easy verification that the data arrived on BACKUP. But you can script a delete commands as well. You just have to make sure that the delete happens after the send.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!