Archiving studies to another server

• Hello,
    I've been looking for this topic for a bit but I could not find anything that would work for what I have in mind.

my main conquest server (CTSCAN) is running out of space and is not cost effective to expand its space. I am considering building a new smaller server just to keep older studies, I will call this new server CTARCHIVE.

I know there is a command string to move studies from machine to machine but I haven't been able to decipher the command syntax.

basically I want to move, for example, studies from 2006, 2007 and 2008 from CTSCAN to CTARCHIVE...what would be the best way?

if doing it by year is not feasible what would be my other options?

some details: CTSCAN is running on conquest 1.14.12 (90% sure) and since it's working fine I am not upgrading it + MS SQL server 2000.
    the CTARCHIVE will be running on the latest stable version of Conquest + mySQL.
    Any other detail feel free to ask, thanks in advance for your help and support!

Marco

• Hi,

These commands work on recent servers, but not on 1.4.12

C:\dicomserver>dgate --movestudies:CONQUESTSRV1,CONQUESTSRV2,20070101-20070112

C:\dicomserver>dgate --movestudies:CONQUESTSRV2,CONQUESTSRV1,20070101-20070112

And then later:

C:\dicomserver>dgate --deletestudies:20070101-20070112

These easiest way to get this working is replace (first backup) your dgate.exe on the old server with a new version.

The versions 1.4.15 or upcoming 1.4.16 make with mysql, postgres or sqlite make a good server.

Marcel

• Marcel,
    thank you so much, first of all, for being so timely with your reply.

I am assuming the first command is to move from conquest server 1 to server 2 all the studies in 2007.
    the second command moves studies from server 2 to server 1 all the studies in 2007.
    the third commands, clearly, deletes the original studies.

Quick question, to upgrade from 1.14.12 to 1.14.15 do i just replace dgate.exe and nothing else?

Thanks again for your time and the wonderful work you're doing with this software.
    Marco

• Hi,

indeed you state that correctly: but a DICOM move is just a copy.

Replacing dgate.exe is a safe and minimal way to upgrade that is easily rolled back. The GUI (conquestdicomserver.exe) works best if it is newer than dgate.exe, but version mixing is allowed and causes only minimal problems.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!