dgate crashing

• I have ConQuest 1.4.15 running on Windows 2003 Server with a WAMP mysql backend. For a while, it ran bulletproof. Lately it has been crashing with the following in PacsTrouble.log:

Code
    20101025 05:46:59 *** multiplex: connection terminated
    20101025 05:47:04 ***Bufferspace: out of memory allocating 1411395292 bytes
    20101025 05:47:04 ***A fatal error occurred (out of memory) - closing server

The only thing I changed on the server recently was I turned on the Windows firewall, but I opened the TCP port that dgate uses (104). Could that be causing the crash? Should I be opening more ports? If that's not it, what else could it be?

• Hi,

looks like somebody is sending a malformed DICOM message (or a non-dicom message) to your server/port that is interpreted as a very big VR (with enormous length that cannot be allocaed). Enable debug logging to find the IP address of the culprit.

I do not believe the firewall can be the issue. The server uses just one port, the GUI a couple of others.

Marcel

• The latest crash:

I edited the patient name and AE titles for security reasons, and clipped the series output. The main thing is it seems like the server crashed at 3AM this morning, and I'm almost 100% certain nobody would be sending anything at 3AM as it's a non-critical server.

What debuglevel do I need to set in dicom.ini? 1? What about the IgnoreOutOfMemoryErrors option? Also, the KeepAlive option?

• Hi,

set the highest level during the night (4 times click arrow up). But the IP is also show at low debug levels,

Keepalive will restart the server after it fails if the GUI is on.

IgoreOutofMemory will ignore it. Is workable, but I like to know what is causing it.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!