Prefetching of old studies

• I am using CONQUEST DICOM SERVER as a test server. I had searched the forum as well as the forum i didn't find any material on pre-fetching. I want : if a patient undergoes a CT scan today and he also had some CT scans done earlier , then last two or all of the CT scans only should be transferred to workstations as marked. I want this feature to be in-cooperated with the auto-routing option provided by CONQUEST.

Hammad

• Hammad,

you can use an exportconverter to prefetch data. In the forum: "To get the latest studies (or to prefetch in a virtual server context), you would need to use the "get" script command that has no options to access a preset number of studies (yet) but that does filter on studydate and modality. For example, this command would prefetch all CT studies of last year when recieving a new CT of the same patient."

ExportConverter0 = ifequal "%m", "CT"; get patient modality CT now-365+000 from PACS

The presence of the "modality" and/or "now" items forces to server to collect all SERIES with matching modality and date for the incoming patient. The get will by default execute 10 minutes after the exportconverter runs first to avoid multiple execution for each incoming image.

In upcoming versions this command can also be run as ImportConverter.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!