Convert V2 to jpeg2000

• Hi Marcel,
    thank You for this great work!
    Is there an easy way to convert und copy data archived compressed as "V2" to jpeg 2000 ( 1 TB ) ?
    Thank You for help!
    RW

• Hi,

you will have to transfer all data to a new server, V@ files cannot be jpeg2000 compressed without renaming them to DCM, and that cannot be done in-place. By the way, I would wait a few weeks for a newer alpha version that can do jpeg2000 compression - but you can do a trial rumn with 1.4.16alpha3. And note that jpeg2000 is relatively slow.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Intention is a high compressed copy of all our MG studies for use on a truck with a mobile pacs.

What I did for testing, was sending studies from server 1 (NKI - compressed) to server 2, which was set to j3 compression in order to copy and recompress in only one process. A warning appeared at server 2: Compression to j3 was not possible and changed to j6 (lossless jpeg). That´s not the goal. Next miracle was a change in dicom.ini setting without asking from j3 to j6 (server2).

The way you told me (?) :

1. Copy of all data to an new mag
    2. Rebuild database with a new server
    3. Rename (next problem)
    4. Change compression (?)

Sorry, need help. :oops:

Rainer

• Hi Marcel,

CQ 1414 installed with 1416a3 patch.

Dicom images archived with NKI-compression (V2) are needed on a mobile pacs (truck). Because internet connection is to slow, I decided to place a copy to the truck. We ´d like to use "Osirix" (Mac) as viewer. A problem appeared with "V2" named images. Jpeg 2000 or other jpeg is good.

Copy is done (V2 on a second mag). I think, what the server should do now, is decompressing, send to itself and recompress to a new format. How ?

Thanks

Rainer

• Hi,

you CANNOT decompress V2 in-place. You have to transmit to another server, set to the correct compression. However, you can run the server with V2 images and tell it to transmit in JPG format in acrnema.map. What is the V2 issue?

Marcel

• Rainer,

You need to create a second, NEW, instance of Conquest with compression set as jk, j1-j6 (I always set all three compressions to the same for the data base I am using (dropped, incoming, archived =jk) whatever. In the acrnema.map of the old server, make sure you have the compression for the NEW instance set as jk, j1-j6( After AETitl, IP and Port), then transmit all the images from the old server storing as .v2 to the new instance.

OR

Create a NEW instance of conquest, in that Dicom.ini set Dropppedfile, incoming and archiving compression as jk,j1-j6, whatever you want, then, open the new instance of conquest (or use kill and restart server if already running) to the user interface, then open the old conquest directory in explorer, go to the \data directory and highlight all the studies you want to transfer, then drag and drop them onto the new conquest interface. The dropped file argument should uncompress and recompress the images as they are loaded to the new instance when you drop them on the new server interface.

Matt.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!