iQ-View should not print empty or incomplete film sheets

• I use iq-view 2.6.0 and there is an issue about printing dicom images.

try this example:
    - select 5x5 layout
    - add a selection of image (let's say 26 images)
    - then delete the 26th images to just fill 1 sheet
    - enter print

the 2nd blank sheet will be printed anyway... even if you deleted the 26th image

actually deleting images in the print manager has no effect on the number of printed sheets and this has no sense. to avoid the blank sheet bug you have to go back in the file viewer and deselect the 26th image and then reopen the print manager

I think Iq-View should not allow user to print blank pages because it's clearly a waste of film.
    another nice feautre would be an alert message before printing incomplete sheets.

it happened some time that I did not realize I have more than 25 images per sheet (i.e. 28)
    so i enter the print and i get 1 full 5x5 sheet and an almost empty 5x5 sheet.

i think Iq-View should alert me with a pop-up message like this: "page number 2 is incomplete, do you still wanna print it?)

in this way i could decide if I wanna remove those 3 extra images or add other 22 to fill the second sheet.

thanks for your attention

• Dear dbartalena

This issue has been known for a while and has been entered into the MANTIS feature and bug tracking system in September 2009. It is scheduled to be fixed in the next iQ-VIEW version 2.7.0.

Kind regards

Sabine Stridde

--
    IMAGE Information Systems Ltd.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!