2 servers running in parallel

• Hi all,
    I'm currently running a ConQuest server on a Centos server. So far, it's running great!
    A user asked me if I would be able to set up another server for him on that same machine. It would be completely separate from the current server - that is, it would hold different data for different projects and have different users.
    My question is, is it possible to run 2 ConQuest servers, in parallel, on the same machine? If so, how should I approach making this happen?
    Thanks!

• Sure,

you can run as many as you want. Just make sure the port is different, and that the database is different. For mysql that means e.g., a different database name on the same server. For SQlite or dbaseIII it is automatic as they are file based.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,
    I'm still trying to figure this out. Would I need to install it in a separate directory as well or simply copy and rename the executable, create a new .ini file, and create a new DB?
    Thanks for your assistance!

• Hi Marcel,
    I think I got it running thanks to your tip. I'm running MySQL.
    My user will test out this setup and should get back to me in the next day or so with a status report.
    Thanks again!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!