Cannot connection to server from client except locally

• Hello,

This is probably a very basic problem/question, but I'm banging my head against the wall. I set up a Conquest server on Win7 and I cannot get any client to verify or recognize it. I've tried e-film 2.1 and ClearCanvas Workstation. The computers can ping each other fine. However, I can't seem to communicate either way.

If I run efilm locally from a WinXP VM (version of e-film won't run under Win7), then it works fine and I can transfer studies from efilm to Conquest, which is basically what I'm trying to accomplish so it doesn't seem to be a software compatibility issue. However, other machines on the local network running efilm or Clearcanvas can't see the Conquest server. There is nothing under the logs or anything to suggest that Conquest even realizes the other computer is trying to communicate. If I try to send stuff from Conquest to another e-film, it says connection refused. I have no software firewall running, all computers are on the same local network and subnet, and can ping each other.

Any thoughts? Seems like it must be a networking issue? But I can't figure out what it is...

• Hi,

I have no experience with windows 7. But I believe there are two options that may cause the problem:

1) a windows 7 firewall
    2) a port conflict

I know the default conquest port 5678 is sometimes used in Vista.

Marcel

• Ugh, sorry to waste your time.

You're right, it was Windows Firewall, which I though I had disabled temporarily but apparently I actually can't because of group policies put on the computer...

Anyway, I was able to unblock the port and it seems to be working fine now.

This program is the greatest thing since sliced bread and peanut butter, by the way.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!