C-MOVE-CANCEL and C-FIND-CANCEL ignored

• Both services (C-FIND and C-MOVE) seem to ignore cancel requests. The log states "Cancel request (ignored)" if the SCU sends such a request. Is this behaviour configurable or hard coded? I could not find anything related in the user interface or any config file.

As I understand the standard the SCP "shall" handle those requests. See PS3.4-2008 C.4.1.3.1 (C-FIND) and C.4.2.2.1 (C-MOVE).

• Hi Yves,

indeed conquest ignores these requests. Actually, I believe conquest will only read the request after finishing the C-MOVE or C-FIND, i.e., too late. Can you see this happening in the log, i.e., does "Cancel request (ignored)" show after all activity is finished or between? In any case, I will add this issue to the bug list.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

the CANCEL-Request appears after the last action. I programatically forced a cancel after 10 reponses in my example (the query will result in 33 responses). If you need a tool capable to send such CANCEL-Request you may use the findscu or movescu of DCMTK. Both support the "CancelAfterNResponses" parameter. My current conquest is of version 1.4.15.

Here the log of such a request (DEBUG Level 4):

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!