newbie: ultrasound images over internet

• hi guys,

Im trying to use conquest to setup a ultrasound dicom server to pipe images over the internet. the studies are usually pretty large, between 20-60mb. I know this is possible with smaller images, such as CT, but I havent been able to get it working properly with US. So far, ive set up the server on a local machine, and when I add the images and click browse database, I get a window that says 'large file not displayed', however i can right click and run 'kpacs viewer' to see the images. Now all the images are showing with a green background and also, I need show the motion in these images, not still images. So I believe this is due to the fact that I need a different viewer to view these images in motion.

So 2 questions:
    1. what viewer can I use to view the images with motion?
    2. will it be possible to view these over an internet connection?

thanks guys.

• Hi,

The green background sounds like a bug in the (old) kpacs viewer. You should be able to page through the images with the mouse or wheel, but support for multi-frame US is not very good, as it assumes that a series is 3D, not a frame.

1) Try a new version of k-pacs, for local viewing.

2) The conquest web viewer will show the images, where you can page through the frames. But this is still very basic.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!