Conquest TrayIcon disappears

• Mr Marcel,

I am using 1.4.16 installed as application, not as windows service, in a PC with win server 2003 (32 bits) and firebird 2.52(odbc).
    I have frequently noted the trayicon disappears from taskbar. This happens almost everyday .
    When I check the windows process in task manager, I can see conquest server is active, but there is no trayicon in task manager.
    As I need see the conquest server log, I have to kill the process and start conquest server again.

If you need I can post the screen snapshot when this happens.

Regards,
    Luiz

• Hi,

I am accessing the conquest server by terminal server in a client.
    When I login in that Server, I can see the problem. The windows GUI interface and the trayicon are gone.

I am searching for something special when It happens. Until now , I didn´t find it.
    There is a possibility that it happens when I leave the application running minimized to trayicon. But, I am not sure about it.

Regards,

Luiz

• Mr Marcel,

No, I am not starting a new session.
    Since I have to leave the conquest server running as application, I didn´t logout from session.
    I only close the terminal server and the conquest server will continues running.

I have seen the logs from conquest server and I saw nothing unusual.

Regards,
    Luiz

• Hi,

Maybe, But it seems happens when I leave the conquest app running minimized to tray icon. If I leave the window GUI showing, it seems that the problem does not occur.

I will observe longer to see if it is.

Regards,
    Luiz

• Hi, Mr Marcel,

I have done some tests.

I am running conquest server during more than week with gui main form opened without problems.

I can confirm that windows GUI interface and the trayicon are gone when I am running the app minimized to tray icon although the app continues running in task manager.

Regards,
    Luiz

• Hi, Mr Marcel,

No, when the problem happens the icon of conquest disappears. The app appears only in task manager.
    If I want access the GUI form of conquest server, I have to kill the conquest process and start it again.

Regards,
    Luiz

• Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue and therefore cannot fix it. The only thing I can suggest is to normally minimize the app such that you do not rely on the tray icon to make it come back.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!