Some "patients" will not delete vis user interface

• In our scheme we use a unique ID number for each study. In this way, a patient with multiple studies is listed with separate numbers and thus may appear more than once in the system. The naming convention for MRI is MR######. I mention this as a point of information only.

We have a supermicro system with raid 5 and four drives. We have had twice now a single drive failure (same drive bay each time). The Os is Win2k3 64 bit. There are ample resources as this is a dedicated PACS.

In the last restore we had data corruption and so I have been using the user interface to manually delete each "patient" via MR number as described above. When the "patient" is deleted, the image is repushed from the DICOM device.

This is a relatively new install and so this is not so time consuming as one would think.

This has been progressing nicely save for a recent problem which is this:

There are a growing number of studies that I simply seem not to be able to remove via the user interface. I am following the same method as I have with numerous successes to this point. That is, from the user interface/browse database tab I enter the MR number in the patient filter box, when I see the "patient" I am interested in I right mouse click and choose delete patient (the last choice) from the shortcut menu.

Where this has previously resulted in the removal of the patient and the study from the system and a msg in the view window to the right that says "image file not found". Now on numerous patients I am receiving a message that says "Patient is being deleted" but the patient never does get deleted.

I am running 1.4.13

If anyone has any ideas I am most appreciative

• I Attempted to remove the images from the database as described above but this was unsuccessfull.

I consider that I could remove the file folder from the file system (outside of Conquest) and then re-push the images from the DICOM device.

What are the ramifications of a deletion this way?
    If I do this, do I need to re-initialize the database?
    Is this Ill advised?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!