iQ-View 2.5.0c modality filtration problem

• Hello,

We have installed iQ-View 2.5.0c Trial version. We put images from archive and on every patient in modality thumbnail is question-mark. When I extract patient then I can see modality in modality column but software can not able to identify modality. Is it bug or something wrong with settings of software?

Thanks for help

• Dear Aukselis

Thank you for your inquiry. The issue you describe seems to be more a problem caused by the queried archive than by iQ-VIEW. We suppose that your archive does not support the optional DICOM tag "Modalities in Study" in a query. You can check that in the archive's DICOM conformance statement in the section regarding Query/Retrieve.

iQ-VIEW will query for this tag when you make a query from your archive, but if the archive does not support this tag, it will not give a response and iQ-VIEW cannot show which modality a study is from. Therefore only a question mark is displayed.

Kind regards

Sabine Stridde

--
    IMAGE Information Systems Europe Ltd.

• Technically, a DICOM Query on study level (highest level in iQ-VIEW when querying) does not contain the modality information (DICOM 0008,0060) but the "modalities in studies" (DICOM 0008,0061). The modality information is on series level. An individual study can contain series of different modalities.

It is up to the PACS (or better queried entity) to support the "Modalities in study" as query tag or not. As Sabine said, the DICOM conformance statement should give an answer. DICOM does not define the support of that tag as mandatory.

• Quote from Yves Neumann

Technically, a DICOM Query on study level (highest level in iQ-VIEW when querying) does not contain the modality information (DICOM 0008,0060) but the "modalities in studies" (DICOM 0008,0061). The modality information is on series level. An individual study can contain series of different modalities.

It is up to the PACS (or better queried entity) to support the "Modalities in study" as query tag or not. As Sabine said, the DICOM conformance statement should give an answer. DICOM does not define the support of that tag as mandatory.

I just talk with guy from hospital and he told that PACS is using the TAG [0008,0060] and other workstations work properly. Can we change series modality tag [0008, 0061] to [0008,0060] in iQ-View?

• The key "Modality" (0008,0060) is definitely a SERIES level key and will not be provided by a PACS on a study level request (see DICOM PS 3.4 C6.2). A search in iQ-VIEW is always done on STUDY level first (using the study root query/retrieve information model). In the result you may expand each entry which will schedule a request on SERIES level and show the related series information (including the modality). If other application retrieve the modality information and provide those in the result of a STUDY level request they either make more than just a request on STUDY but also on SERIES level, or both, PACS and workstation, are not conform to the DICOM specification. I guess it is the first :).

Sorry, there is no way to change the query design in iQ-VIEW.

• Yves,

There is RealTime Image company's PACS, I will try to find out the version today. The hospital have no support form the vendor anymore. So we can't change nothing in the PACS. Anyway somehow we must to solve the issue because we are expecting to sell more iQ licences for this customer and this customer is very important to us. Can you just change needful line in program code to right one and compile the program? I think this is easy job for you. The situation - in the hospital we installed DEMO unit. Next month will be tender for for software and we still have a problem with modality filtration. Could you give the help for us?

I enclose an attachment where you can find print screen of administrator window in PACS. We tried to add TAG [0008,0061], but there isn't describtion of this TAG and PACS doesn't give answer of queries. So Vendor didn't describe this TAG.

P.S. I can not attache image. You will get it by email (support@mage-systems.biz) immediately.
    Sarunas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!