institution

• Marcel, I am using the newest version of iQ-WEB. There is a "data cocerion" feature that lets me replace the institution name with a name of my chosing. This is necessary to create groups for viewing privileges. Basically, you have choices to add a suffix, add a prefix, or totally replace. I have tried all three. With any other PACS sending, any of them work. With Conquest, it makes it so that when a study is forwarded (auto or manual), it will start to work and then give a dicom error. Is there a way in the dicom.ini to for a change on the institution name so that it always shows the institution the way I need to to show when being transmitted?

Thanks.

Pat Stacey

• Hi,

what is the nature of the DICOM error? I do not see why conquest is different. It just transmits whatever is set in the Institution VR. And you can instruct conquest to modify this field to your liking (for newer versions).

Marcel

• i turned the coercion rule back on that replaces the institution name with what i want (BMG) and it failed again. The error is "dicom error:remote dicom error". I turned on detail in the server for log, but i can't upload the file. I tried as a zip and txt file. what format does it have to be in?

Pat

• also, how do i make the institution name to be what i want? different techs on different modaluties put in different names and i want the name to always read a standard name, no matter what the techs put in. there is a way in Conquest to replace what the modulaties are sending with what I want it to read? I have read the manual, but I can't find it. That would solve all the problems.

• Hi,

there is a reported problem with warning messages returned from a client hanging up the server. A small part of debug log pasted in a post here would suffice to get a feeling for what goes wrong.

To change a tag for all incoming data (double check the group / element) :

importconverter0 = set 0008,0080 to "BMG"

you can also make this conditional; there are dozens of script commands.

Marcel

• THAT IS THE ONE I AM USING. I JUST ENCOUNTERED ANOTHER PROBLEM AT ONE OF MY SERVERS. I HAVE REBOOTED THE SYSTEM, CANCELLED THE CONQUEST AS A SERVICE, REPACKED, REINDEXED, NOTHING WORKS. I AM GETTING A CONSTANT "MULITPLEX CONNECTION TERMINATED" ERROR AND I HAVE NOT MADE ANY CHANGES TO THE SOFTWARE. THIS IS MY "BMG" SERVER. I PUT THE LINE IN THE "SISTERS" SERVER AND IT IS WORKING PERFECTLY.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS ERROR TO SHOW UP ALL OF A SUDDEN?

• Hi Pat,

Hm, a number of people have reported similar problems that appeared and dissapeared without apparent reason. Basically this message says that the sender hangs up right after connecting at the TCP/IP level, or that conquest does not accept the association. Most report, however, this problem when connecting from a single modality - i.e., it seems a specific host - host network problem.

I suppose somewhere in your network an update was performed that caused this problem, but have no clue what it could be..sorry. Some (wild guess) suggestions: try to reboot routers in the network, and try to reboot the sending system.

Just to make sure, you could also downgrade dgate.exe to the one from 1.4.13 (see ftp://ftp-rt.nki.nl/outbox/MarcelVanHerk/dicomserver), and see if the problems dissappear.

Hope this helps,

Marcel

• Hi Pat,

I want to get to the bottom of this. Can you download ftp://ftp-rt.nki.nl/outbox/Mar…dgate_multiplex_debug.exe, store it in your failing dicomserver directory. Start a command prompt and make sure it is running in the same folder. Then run:

dgate_multiplex_debug -v

This is the same server (a newer version though) white print statements at all phases of the connection building. Please copy the response before the *** multiplex: connection terminated message and answer this ASAP to me.

Good luck.

Marcel

• Marcel, sorry, but I had to get it working. I shutdown everything, rebooted the cable modem, router, and system and everything went away. no more errors. i dont know if i could duplicate. also, i could upload the server log, but it won't let me attach a zip file.

by the way, i input that statement and everything in both the Conquest servers works great in my iQ-WEB servers now. no matter what they put in for institution name, it shows up in the pacs as either BMG for one server or SISTERS for the other. the only i noticed is now just before i see the export queue notice in the server status screen of the Conquest, i see the import convertor statement. but everything looks great.

sorry i could not get you the error message. i had this once before and a reboot of everything stopped it.

let me know how and i will get you the server logs and they will also show u the problems when i used a data coercion rule.

Pat Stacey

• Hi,

Thanks for this info, it makes solving the problem easier. From the code I can see that the message occurs because "1.2.840.10008.1.2" is not included as transfer syntax. I would add more debug statements but I am travelling, so I cannot help you in more detail at this time.

Marcel

• Hi Robert,

is this error message related to a malfunctioning DICOM modality? Or does it just come out of the blue. It may be that some windows server is trying to access some service (RRAC) it expects at port 5678. If I telnet to my dicom server at port 5678 I get similar messages.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!