Queries about clearcanvas and archiving

• Hi

I have been using CONQUEST PACS Server for very long time. I have searched the user manual as well as the forum but i unable to find a way to perform the appended below tasks.

1. Image Streaming port in Conquest PACS Server just like in CLEAR CANVAS and EFILM. User don't download images on the local workstation but instead view images while
    streaming from server. I want to use this option with CLEARCANVAS Workstation.

2. I want to define the Storage Tiers. That on Tier 1 there are studies that are say three (03) months old. And after specific period they move to Tier 2 or ARCHIVE. When to move to ARCHIVE they patient images folder should be in form of zip file and when they are called these studies must be available without making any changes by the PACS Admin.

Please help me how to accomplish these two tasks as i am struck and we have to move to some COMMERCIAL SOLUTION if CONQUEST FAILS to provide these two options.

-- Hammad

• Hi,

Conquest is a free server mostly maintained by one or two enthousiasts. You are free to ask but I am afraid we cannot serve anything on request.

Option 1 is not available onless you client supports WADO. You best bet is weasis study viewer from the web interface. The clearcanvas streaming interface is not standard DICOM and not supported. If you know how it works you could try to code it or get somebody to code it.

Option 2: similar archive options are available, but not using zip. You can e.g. archive to another drive using e.g., jpeg compression. Access is then transpararent. The dgate -- commands should be flexible enough to get this going.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will look if CLEARCANVAS support WADO access or not.But in configuration under the ClearCanvas Image Streamning Option there are two options

(1) Header Service Port
    (2) Image Service Port

So far i know there are no such ports that are defined in conquest. If conquest do support then how can i define and configure them.

Will you tell me the procudre how to configure ARCHIVE using dgate???

--Hammad

• Hi,

1) As I said, these ports are ClearCanvas specific and not supported by any pacs except clearcanvas itself. Edit: the image streaming port is close to WADO and may work, yet the header streaming port is not supported.

2) the easiest option is to generate MAG1 (you can go up to MAG9) by modifying dicom.ini like this:

MAGDevices = 2
    MAGDevice0 = ---- do not modify your value -----
    MAGDevice1 = x:\backup\

where x: is your other storage tier. Then restart the server and its GUI.

and then enable on the configuration page e.g.,:

Below 100000 move to MAG1

This will start moving data to x:\backup if MAG0 has less than 100 GB free. The compression is set in line:

ArchiveCompression = as

where 'as' is as is - modify it to 'j2' for jpeg.

You may also enable compression on your disk and forget about j2

Edit: to let this work you have to keep the GUI open, i.e., just lock the computer.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!