send and receive

• Marcel, I have a Conquest that is constantly receiving studies from two different Conquest. It is receiving fine and fast (this is the server on a FIOS line, 20 up/50 down), but the problem that comes into play is that when it is queried and has to send a study. Since it basically never stops on the recieving end (studies from the other Conquest servers are constantly being sent, it looks like a slot machine!), the studies take a long time to go out. It will send on image, then go back to receiving and maybe 5 minutes or so later send another image. It is sending at 20 up and the recieving end is 15 down, so the broadband is not an issue. It will average 20 minutes to get a CR with 7 images.

It seems that the problem is the priority goes to the receiving side.

Is there a way to have it queue the receive side and prioritize the send side? We are in more of a need to have the images retrieved fast than received fast.

Pat Stacey

• Hi Pat,

all three connections are in separate threads that know nothing of each other. So, I am not sure why one is faster than the other. Can you mail or pm me a part (1 MB) of the serverstatus log. Maybe that gives a clue.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!