Q/R error osirix to conquest using compression

• Hi
    anybody out there using also Conquest as server and osirix as client ?
    Everything works fine as long as images are sent uncompressed. Trying to use compression ( j2 up to jl) does not work
    and transfer is rejected with : DIMSE Failed to receive message. Works fine when Q/R from Osirix to Osirix, so Osirix team could not help me.
    Log file says: Accepted compression jk , but then : transfer recejected.

Additional information: Conquest 1.4.17 beta. Osirix 5.6. Connection is made via vpn-tunnel.

Any idea ?

Uli Barkow

• Hi Marcel,

had some trouble to get 1414 work. Downgrade with copying exe and dll over copy of 1414a seems to make problems. So i could not really test it this weekend. I will try later.
    But something strange i could notice. It does not seem to be a problem with jpeg compression at all, as all modalities other than MR do work with 1417a using jpeg2000.

Uli

• Hi Marcel,

it is not the conquest version. I tried with a fresh 1417beta (inbuild db), and jpeg2000 worked fine. So something is wrong with my old installation. I tried to figure out the differences in dicom.ini and copied those entries, which were new compared to the old ini (without success).
    All updates in the last years were made by copying only exe and dll over the old installation, leaving dicom.sql and dgateopt.lst untouched.
    Any idea before i start to risk reading back all my images ?

Thanks

Uli

• Hi Uli,

the 1.4.17beta update fixes that the images where tagged with the incorrect jpeg sopclass (http://forum.image-systems.biz…c.php?f=33&t=15757#p24694) after recompression, which is consistent with osirix refusing images from older versions. But that is the only relevant change. I would not wory about transferring images.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!