Cannot send from Conquest to Kpacs - on same PC

• NEVER MIND!

Good ol' RTFM - found out what V* and S* meant, and as soon as I read it, I realized what was going on...

If I hadn't named my KPacs "VIEWER", it would have worked fine :)

Deleted the V* and S* lines, all is ok now.

Brian

• Well, as you can imagine, I assumed they were some sort of special host, internal or some such at first, so I left them alone and put mine at the bottom ;)

Other than that little hiccup, everything seems to be going great!

Regards,

Brian

• help please.

do i read above statements correctly ?

under tab ' known dicom providers ' there should be no more entries ?

why ?

maybe this is my problem.

here are my entries, with several entries below V* and S*

CONQUESTSRV1 127.0.0.1 5678 un

V* * 1234 un
    S* * 5678 un
    AQNET 192.168.101.70 105 un
    ACCUIMAGE 192.168.101.54 104 un
    DELL 192.168.1.172 4007 un
    back bay 192.168.101.57
    6419DAY5 192.168.1.114 4006 un
    TOSHIBA 192.168.1.135 4008 un

above quote suggests RTFM. i hve read manual but find no instructions concerning V* and S*

what are V* and S* exactly ?

is there another manual ?

thank you.

• Hi,

V* and S* are wildcard AE's that are explained in the manual:

"Conquest addition: this file supports a simple wild-card mechanism. The AE, host name and IP port may all end on a *. The * part of the AE is copied into the host name and/or IP port without change. In the following example any application with an AE of “V” followed by its IP number or host name will be allowed to communicate through port 1234. The wildcard option is highly useful to let a group of, e.g., viewer applications or servers communicate without having to configure each of them individually in the server. "

If you put anything starting with an V or an S below them, they will NOT be read. You have no problem because your items do not start with a V or an S.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!