Magdevice help needed

• Hello to all,

please, i do need some explanation on the multiple device concept.
    As fas as i understood, i add a magdevice when mag0 is full and conquest should automatically store to that device ?
    So my problem is the follwing. Magdevice 0 was not full, but the maximum capacity of allowed subdirectories was reached (Thecus 5200) and no new patient could be stored. So i added a new directory, added a new magdevice in the ini-file and storing was possible again. But this way conquest couldn´t find the data of older patients on mag0. So i renamed the new magdevice to mag0 and the old one to mag1 and things worked again like they should.
    I´m not sure if this is the way it should work because i couldn´t find any information on that problem in the manual and the forum.
    My guess was, that conquest can handle a full disk and steps to the next magdevice, but does not know the N5200 error message of maximum number of directories reached.

Thanks for any help

Uli

• Hi,

indeed, conquest does not keep track of the maximum number of subdirectories: how many did you have?.

In the database, the location of each file is saved as e.h., "MAG0", and "MAG1", etc. I do not understand what went wrong. If a new MAG device is added, the old data will still refer to MAG0, and the path of MAG0 should not be changed. Forcing conquest to store on MAG1 may be difficult, though, because that works on free disk space (it is had-coded to take a next MAG when there is less than 30 MB free). Because of your problem that situation does not occur.

Possible solutions:
    Fill up the drive with dummy files
    In version 1.4.14 you could add a "storage" importconverer that would redirect storage
    Modify the database so that the old data becomes MAG1, and swap

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

thanks for your reply. Filling up with dummies will not really help, as the NFS RAID has 4 TB which i do not really want to cut down.
    For the moment i can live with the situation, because i could not see any errors in retrieving new or old data. I have not tested yet, where new data of "old" patients is stored (it would make sense to have it stored in the old mag0-directory together with prior data sets). I have not changed the name/path of the directory of the old data ( \data), i ´ve changed the relation to the magdevice. So this seems to be no problem for mysql.

attached you ´ll find the ini sequence, which obviously works.

Thanks

Uli

# Configuration of disk(s) to store images
    MAGDeviceThreshhold = 0
    MAGDevices = 2
    MAGDevice0 = Z:\data2\
    MAGDevice1 = z:\data\
    NightlyCleanThreshhold = 0
    NightlyMoveThreshhold = 0

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!