add pixel scaling to imported jpg/bmp?

• Hi - we have a need to import jpeg images and convert to DICOM secondary capture *with pixel scaling* information included. We can do this manually in something like GIMP but it is painful.

Is it possible at all in Kpacs?

• Dear skthom

No, such a function is not available in K-PACS. Usually, you won't know what kind of pixel spacing you have with non-DICOM images that you import. The only option is to calibrate such images later in the viewer. This is possible in iQ-VIEW (not K-PACS). If you have a marker of known size on such an image, you can use this marker to calibrate this image and iQ-VIEW will calculate all distance measurements based on this calibration. With the PRO version of iQ-VIEW you would even be able to store these changes as a presentation state object (PR).

Feel free to try out iQ-VIEW, our diagnostic workstation, which comes with a lot more features and also medical device certification, such as CE and FDA 510(k) among others.

I hope this helps.

• "Usually, you won't know what kind of pixel spacing you have with non-DICOM images that you import."

Yes mostly that is true, however there are indeed use cases where you DO know the pixel scaling (because a graticule is included in the image). Saving it as part of presentation state is useless for my use case since I need the resulting image in a radiation therapy treatment planning system that does not support it.

However, thanks for your quick and timely response!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!