Blank images when using Kpacs over VPN

• I'm using Kpacs to view images from Conquest. On the local network, I can search and view images in study with no problems. However, when using a VPN (microsoft), the patient info shows, but, the image viewing screen is black.

I've read other posts on this subject and tried different things, but, still can't resolve this problem. I tried to "push" images from the Conquest server as well to Kpacs, but, get error "can't connect". When using Kpacs, the echo is successful, and the
    client computer can ping the server computer, but still no images.

I am new to using this software. Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi,

to get images, the server computer must be able to ping the client computer, because in a dicom move, the connection is reversed (the server opens a connection with kpacs). So you have to configure your VPN to allow this, but I would not know how this works except looking at other posts too. Maybe this helps.

Marcel

• Thanx for your reply. However, when I make the VPN connection with the remote computer, I am able to ping both ways (DICOM echo and the TCP/IP ping) , but, the KPACs will not show the images.

I gave up on using the VPN and then tried using an SSH connection by tunneling the ports forward and reversed. This worked one time, but, when I tried it again the second time, iIt did not work. Subsequent tries failed also.

The CONQUEST server is operating behind a firewall and the WAN address is using a Dynamic DNS service. The client on which KPACS is running is connected to the internet with a dynamic IP. I'm thinking this may be
    the problem somehow even though I'm able to use other programs such as remote desktop, file sharing, VNC, etc .........

Any thoughts about this ?

• Hi,

you can use computernames in acrnema.map if that is the problem. Otherwise I see no reason why conquest would differ from e.g., vnc, except that connections initiated in both directions are needed with conquest. So you need to tunnel two ports in different directions.

Marcel

• I have no firewall, no VPN, no encryption and the same is happening. I query conquest and retrieve, it says it was successful both in the conquest logs and in Kpacs, yet no images? I was using version 1.5 kpacs, now am using 1.6 same thing. I know conquest is working because it works with ClearCanvas, any thoughts?

• Hi,

you may have had another (kpacs) server running on port 104. That would block incoming traffic. Although conquest would give an error message. I recently forgot that I had port forwarding enabled to a virtual machine. That effectively blocked a port as well. It could be something like that as well.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!