Log Files not Zipping

• I didn't include the version, but I'm using 1.4.14, since this has happened on all the old versions too.
    For some reason, when I originally install the software, the log files zip fine. But somewhere
    along the line, it stops the daily log file zipping.

In my dicom.ini file I still have the line:

ZipTime = 05:

So it should be working as far as I can tell....but it isn't. Does anyone have the details on what triggers this, and what else I can check into?

One of the reasons I'd like more details too, is that I'd really like to have this thing do a weekly zip, instead of a daily zip.
    If that were possible, I'd prefer it greatly.

Tim

• Ahhhhh, I didn't know we had to have the GUI running.
    I see now. That's too bad. We've seen issues in the past
    with the server crashing if we left the GUI up, but it would run
    stable for a month if we left it closed and just ran it as a service.
    It does seem much better in recent versions than past though.
    We did just have a crash:
    [GATEWAYPACS] 20081016 09:45:01 ***A fatal error occurred (out of memory) - closing server

But I can't confirm if the GUI was up or not.

Oh well, I'll see if I can pursue maybe some custom weekly zipping where we drop the service for
    a few seconds, cut the logs, zip them, file them, and then restart.

Tim

• Hi,

we had issues with the GUI crashing in the past as well, but not recently. If the GUI crashes, the server continues to run: the GUI and the server are independent processes. To restart the server you then have to kill the dgate process and restart the GUI.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!