Change in Database data types

• Hi Mark

I want to change some of the data types in database. I am using MYSQL as database. After installing Conquest, i made changes in the mysql database like i change Study Date from char to date and study time to time. But when new study comes or i regenerate the database the data types are set to old one i.e. chars.

Tell me how can i do this.

-- Hammad

• Hi,

You can't without recoding parts of the server. And probably you shouldn't. The code has never been tested with other SQL data types and I guess many feautures would not work (e.g., date range matching).

Marcel

• Hi Marcel

I totally agree with you but i am facing some problems while using conquest database with my application. When i try to convert the Study time to time using php or ASP.Net string functions i got problem in time. Thats why i am asking you for the rescue. Otherwise i will create a temp table for date and time :D

• Hi Hammad,

you would have to change the code in function MakeTableString in file dbsql.cpp at line 3056 or so. Dates are handled separately (type SQL_C_DATE) and could this be easily modified, but times are not. To also do times you would have to add SQL_C_TIME which would require many more changes.

If you are on linux you can easily try this. Compiling on windows is a bigger challenge.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!