Can I run my small office off of this

• I am moderately tech savvy and am interested to know if I can run my radiology department (2 DICOM modalities as of now - 150 - 200 studies per month) from either ConQuest or K-Pacs.

I am also wondering what the difference is between these two items.

If you can point me to a primmer, that would be appreciated.

Steven

• Technically, conquest might be easily able to perform the task of storing and distributing such a low number of images (I use it as a 'commodity pacs' with 30 clients while still archiving on film). However, you have to distinguish image storing and archiving. To my knowledge, there is no built-in backup-solution and no provision for archiving. A solution might be to simply mirror the entire data (HD are cheap nowdays), but you have to provide backup for the operating system, the database and the data by yourself. Using conquest, you need workstations (e.g. the last free efilm version 1.5.3 ) to review the images.
    Conquest scan use mysql.

Konquest, on the other hand, has a useable built-in viewer. But if I remember correctly, kpacs is based on an access-db, which precludes professional use as a storage solution.

There are pacs solutions including a pc, db, pacs software, raid including mirroring the operating system, and a tape-streamer for backup. Price was in the range of 20000-24000 €.

Depends on what kind of "small office" you are running...

Regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!