Native SQL Driver From Windows Conquest -> Linux MySQL DB

• Hello

Can the native sqldriver be used to talk with a MySQL database on a different server ?

i.e Conquest server on Windows, with MySQL database on a Linux server. I have this setup using MySQL ODBC, but cannot see how to use native sqldriver of Conquest in this instance.

Louis

• I have done a clean install of Conquest and use the Create MYSQL database option of conquest so that the necessary settings are added in dicom.ini. I then manually edited the dicom.ini and updated the following :

SQLHost = IP of Linux server
    SQLServer = name of database on Linux server
    Username = username given access on Linux server
    Password = set accordingly

I also changed the path of the data directory to point to where I have the images stored for the Linux setups, and saved configuration.

The two below were left
    MySql = 1
    DoubleBackSlashToDB = 1

I re-started server with no issues. However when I head on to the Browse Database tab, I get this error

There was a problem loading libmysql.dll - mysql not functional

Louis

• Hi,

I have not been able to reproduce the bug. If I set the IP address or hostname (defined in LMHOSTS) in SQLHost, it connects fine to my windows MySQL server, both from the server and browser (I tested 1.4.14beta of the conquest server). I have no linux MySQL server to test with.

However, the hostname does not work when the windows LMHosts is not updated, i.e., windows name resolution does not seem to work with mysql_real_connect(). The SQLHost parameter is passed directly to mysql_real_connect(), so there is not much I can do....

Here is the flow for a fresh install with a remote MySQL server. Choose Native Mysql - save configuration - close conquestdicomserver - edit SQLHost in dicom.ini (and optionally SQLServer=database name and UserName and password) - open conquestdicomserver - goto installation page - make mysql database - verify database installation - re-initialize database.

Here are my settings:

SQLHost = 192.168.1.115
    SQLServer = conquest2
    Username = root
    Password =

Marcel

• I successfully did a regen moving from ODBC to native MySQL for database on Linux server. However for one server when trying to add records, I get this error

I cannot see at this stage why it's trying to use MySQL ODBC instead of the native sql one.

• Hi

I found out my issue why I get this message libmysql not functional from the Browse Database tab.

When I click on "make mysql database", I specified a database name say "conquestbeta" and the root password, and save.

I get this error each time I go in the Browse database.

In the dicom.ini file although I specified "conquestbeta" I still this

SQLServer = conquest

instead. Trying to talk to a database that is not there.

I have done few conquest installs recently on the latest beta version, and I keep seeing this issue in dicom.ini file when installing with Native Mysql driver.

The problem is rectified when I manually change SQLSERVER = conquestbeta, and restart server.

This appears a bug.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!